IGNORED

New/old bike

Sailor

Much as I hate to I am thinking this will be the year I sell my venture. I hate giving up that V4 but age is catching up with me and I am finding it a bit of a handful in the parking lot. I almost dropped twice last year. I am thinking smaller and lower center of gravity. I am thinking of two bikes.

A. Yamaha V Star 1300 Delux SE

or

B. Honda VTX 1800

There are used ones nearby but I have not yet gone to look.

Does anyone have experience with these bikes? Any advice?

Much as I hate to I am thinking this will be the year I sell my venture. I hate giving up that V4 but age is catching up with me and I am finding it a bit of a handful in the parking lot. I almost dropped twice last year. I am thinking smaller and lower center of gravity. I am thinking of two bikes.

A. Yamaha V Star 1300 Delux SE

or

B. Honda VTX 1800

There are used ones nearby but I have not yet gone to look.

Does anyone have experience with these bikes? Any advice?

Dad had a VTX, I don't remember what year it was though. As fun as that bike was to ride, 100 miles almost killed me on it

If changing maybe look to get something new enough it has Fuel injection. I know a couple guys that had the VTX 1300 and later got the 1800. Both said the 1800 felt lazy compared to the 1300 performance. I had an 09 Kawasaki 900 vulcan. For a smaller bike it had good scoot. I'm not that old (well at least I dont think I am) but the heavy ne ofthe 2nd gen RSV was scaring me. That's why I moved to a Victory Cross bike.

I had a roadliner before I had to switch to trikes they are great bikes with low seat heights and lots of ooomph! If you shop around you can find them at really good prices. They are fuel injected and I used to get mid 40's to low 50's mileage. Good luck with your decision! Oh by the way 113 cu.in. is allotta fun and the Harley guys can't catch it!