IGNORED

New play toy

Condor

So I saw this ad for a buffalo gun and thought it was made in Buffalo NY, my birthplace, and bought it.

This is what I found when I opened the box.....

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/lonehawk_2009/sharps/916781ab-e8a6-4e6b-ae93-35d46b6c9843_zpsmkbalsy9.jpg

Pedersoli/Sharps 1874 45-70.... Cool!! :thumbsup2:

CONDOR Up Over...

Edited by Condor

Quigley down under. Beautiful rifle. I have a modern .45-70 (Marlin) but I can't shoot it due to arthritis in my shoulder. Took many deer with this beast in the past.

:farmer:

So I saw this ad for a buffalo gun and thought it was made in Buffalo NY, my birthplace, and bought it.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/lonehawk_2009/sharps/916781ab-e8a6-4e6b-ae93-35d46b6c9843_zpsmkbalsy9.jpg

CONDOR Up and Over...

Quigley down under. Beautiful rifle. I have a modern .45-70 (Marlin) but I can't shoot it due to arthritis in my shoulder. Took many deer with this beast in the past.

:farmer:

CONDOR Up and Over...

I am thinking about picking up a Henry 45-70 Lever. They run a little more than the Marlin 1895, but I don't own a Henry... :-)

Nice. It is not a replica is it.

Sadly it's a replica...sorta. Couldn't afford a real Sharps anyway. The Pedersoli are a high grade copy, and not cheap in their own right. I was looking for a 50-90, but ran acrossed this one and couldn't say no. Used they sell in the $1600-$1800 range. I picked this one up for $1000 cash and it came with about $600 worth of black powder components. So I got a screaming deal, and are a happy camper. Thinking about shooting Cowboy Long Range events with it.

http://www.cast-aways.com/CONDORPICS/Sam-Side.jpg

Edited by Condor

Still a nice gun. I have a few that I have a good deal invested in and would not part with them and one is a 22 cal. custom built on a Rem. 37 action and weighs less than 7 LB. with scope.

Those 37 Rangemasters were tack drivers. Nice gun. I don't even want to think about how much I've vested in guns over the years. Need to buy another safe. The three I have now are stuffed....

I had the 22 built when I was shooting bench rest comp. I had three guns 7.5 lb Rem. 10.5 lb Anschutz, and 13.5 Rem. I was ranked 23 in the country for a couple years until I retired from comp.

WOW!! Nice shooting. You da man!! I never got into punching paper..more breaking clays, ducks, doves, pheasant, and deer in mainly that order. The last year I registered only 5000 birds in ATA and PITA. Wish I had just a nickle for every round I blew out the end of a trap gun. I figure I ran the value of a house out the end of a barrel over a 10 year period. Lots of patches and belt buckles, but nothing to brag about. I now own a trap gun for the first time in 40 years. Bought it 'just because'... :-)

Yes I know that feeling. We were traveling three weekends a month and on the forth we shot at our home club. Practice three days a week and then the state, regional and nationals. That added to about 10 cases a year and another three our four cases for practice. The last ammo I bought was $1,400.00 a case.