IGNORED

Purified water no freeze

snyper316

Ok so I kind of forgot about a water bottle that I had stuck in the freezer. Well 3 days of being in the freezer you would think it would freeze. Well it didn't!!!! its not even slushie its nice and cold but thats it. I usually buy the Spring water because that is what I grew up on I will not drink city water but will drink the crap out of spring water and well water. So Scientific people on this forum care to take a crack at to why my water is not freezing I thought all water froze at 32 degrees my freezer is a meere 20 degrees...... my big freezer gets as cold as 5 degrees....

So if water is truly purified I guess it don't freeze... I searched it and found a couple things. I never opened bottle to add the alcohol but I love throwing aftershock and jeigermeister in the freezer.... I just had to wonder what the hell I was fixing to drink and have been drinking thought maybe tainted bottled water...

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

yup it is the super cooled water thingy.

But then it is pure water that freezes at 32°F or 0°C. Well water and spring water are anything but pure.

If you want to know what pure water tastes like, get some distilled water and drink that, it is about as close to pure water as you can easily get without spending a lot of money.

You keep your freezers pretty warm, my freezer on the fridge is kept at 10°F and my big freezer is kept at -10°F

Edited by Flyinfool

yup it is the super cooled water thingy.

But then it is pure water that freezes at 32°F or 0°C. Well water and spring water are anything but pure.

You keep your freezers pretty warm, my freezer on the fridge is kept at 10°F and my big freezer is kept at -10°F

YES OF COURSE!!

Your "Mr. Freeze" you keep everything frozen :cold: & snow covered :snow: well one good thing comes from freezing :fnd_(16):.

Did you know that pure water does not conduct electricity?

Did you know that bottle water has now passed sales numbers of cola type drinks?

If someone had told me twenty years ago that I would be buying as much bottled water as I do, I would have told them they were crazy.

We take used water bottles and run them thru the dish washer and then use the filtered water(new filter) from the refrigerator and put some in the freezer. When we go somewhere, whether it was on the bike or the Miata, we try to have water with us as I feel we get more dehydrated in the wind.

Randy

Did you know that pure water does not conduct electricity?

Did you know that bottle water has now passed sales numbers of cola type drinks?

If someone had told me twenty years ago that I would be buying as much bottled water as I do, I would have told them they were crazy.

We take used water bottles and run them thru the dish washer and then use the filtered water(new filter) from the refrigerator and put some in the freezer. When we go somewhere, whether it was on the bike or the Miata, we try to have water with us as I feel we get more dehydrated in the wind.

Randy

Something I come across from time to time in my trade are humidifiers that use a canister with electrodes in it. When voltage is applied to the water, it boils. When replacing canisters, from time to time I find that I have to drop an alka seltzer in to get the water to conduct electricity so that the thing will work.

I don't like the taste of the minerals in bottled water, spring water, and tap water, so I drink distilled water.

My mom does not like water what so ever... So she gets the packets of drink mixes from the dollar stores, I love the great value sweet tea mix best of all it contains no sugars.. I am also one that loves fresh chilled cow milk... Ill drink it warm too. I strain the spring water from the springs thru coffee filter... And if I have a concern will boil it over camp fire then throw it in the spring along with anything else I want to get cold or stay cold. Now I'm starting to miss being in the country.....

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

I understand there's a bottled water company not a million miles from here :canada:

They bottle & sell the exact same water that comes out of the town taps! People buy it! :rotfl:and pay more for it than they pay for their gas! I'll never understand people! :bang head:

I remember once many years ago we were hiking in the UK, a hot day, we came across a beautiful clear small stream flowing over an outcrop making a waterfall that was around 20 ft or so high, So we all drank, ate our sandwiches, filled our canteens.

After our stop we climbed the outcrop & found...... a rotting sheep carcass in the stream just above the waterfall! Guess it did us no harm, still here fifty years on!

So she gets the packets of drink mixes from the dollar stores, I love the great value sweet tea mix best of all it contains no sugars..
Anything that tastes sweet has the same affect on the body as sugar. That means sugar replacement chemicals even though they have no calories still add major fat to the midriff. The body is tricked into thinking it has a lot of calories to handle so converts other food calories into fat for storage.

It's a lose - lose situation.

Interesting thread, and I already knew about the instant freeze thing.

Couple of comments though, one about bottled water. Caution with the extras you drink when you do this, the plastic tends to leak it's ingredients into the water, especially if it gets heated some.

The other is the freezer temp. We have to deal a lot with temperatures and frozen is very important to us. Freezing something will not entirely stop the spoiling process, it only slows it down, so in time, (a long time) spoilage does occur. The best temperature to prevent spoilage is 0 degress F or lower, but lower increases the potential of freezer burn, so actual drying in the freezer. So the best overall standard is 0 degrees. 20 degrees F will allow you food to continue to spoil, howbeit at a slow rate. As an added note, you can't always tell if the food is spoiled by it's smell, for some pathogens do not give off an odor, and those same pathogens could be the type to create a toxin that cannot be rendered harmless by cooking.

Anything that tastes sweet has the same affect on the body as sugar. That means sugar replacement chemicals even though they have no calories still add major fat to the midriff. The body is tricked into thinking it has a lot of calories to handle so converts other food calories into fat for storage.

It's a lose - lose situation.

I have to respectfully take issue with this based on my personal observation. If I use sugar in my coffee, I will gain weight. If I use Splenda, I don't. Not a scientific study, but just my observation.

Interesting thread, and I already knew about the instant freeze thing.

Couple of comments though, one about bottled water. Caution with the extras you drink when you do this, the plastic tends to leak it's ingredients into the water, especially if it gets heated some.

The other is the freezer temp. We have to deal a lot with temperatures and frozen is very important to us. Freezing something will not entirely stop the spoiling process, it only slows it down, so in time, (a long time) spoilage does occur. The best temperature to prevent spoilage is 0 degress F or lower, but lower increases the potential of freezer burn, so actual drying in the freezer. So the best overall standard is 0 degrees. 20 degrees F will allow you food to continue to spoil, howbeit at a slow rate. As an added note, you can't always tell if the food is spoiled by it's smell, for some pathogens do not give off an odor, and those same pathogens could be the type to create a toxin that cannot be rendered harmless by cooking.

thought that sounded kinda high for my side by side, checked it out later and someone put a box on the top shelf right below the ice bin and it was holding the door open. just enuff not to make a seal but appear to be closed and allow the ice and water dispenser to operate.... its 4 degrees today, but over nite it goes into the negatives...

I have to respectfully take issue with this based on my personal observation. If I use sugar in my coffee, I will gain weight. If I use Splenda, I don't. Not a scientific study, but just my observation.
This is totally off topic but important enough for a quick response.

I hear you, calories in versus calories out is still the base criteria for weight gain/loss. However I think what I said is probably correct but the digestive process is very complicated and difficult to nail down on an individual basis as is the variations in food ingredients. Probably the best comparison I have found is to google soda versus diet soda although, they are both poison.

It is amazing how much junk is being sold as a healthy food option. In many cases consuming diet and low fat foods lead to an increase in daily calories so the harder you try the further you get behind.