IGNORED

Turn up the volume...

Scifiman

Installed the monster ovals, ended up using P-clamps to the saddle bag rails.

Love the look, thought they were a little too loud at first but I have grown to like them, will see how the wife and I feel after a few long haul trips this summer, if the drone starts to bother us I may have to track down a set of those smart baffles but so far so good.

Venture Oval & Antenna.jpg

Turn up the volume.... of the speakers sure! The pipes? Maybe try a different sound rather than louder pipes? Loud pipes don't do anything other than annoy the riders BEHIND you.

Edited by AABBCC

Use these baffles. Gets rid of the obnoxious harmonics that will give you a headache. Nice rumble at idle and cruising. http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZHK250ST.html

At the end of this video, the guy shows how to make "easy" to make brackets. He shows a nut that he had welded on for the mount bolt. I just drilled the hole big enough for the stock mounting bolt and bought nuts to fit. Just use a piece of cardboard to make the templates.

You can use the stock clamps from the stock mufflers.

The drone from the Monster Ovals made it sound worse.

Turn up the volume.... of the speakers sure! The pipes? Maybe try a different sound rather than louder pipes? Loud pipes don't do anything other than annoy the riders BEHIND you.

Everybody has their own opinion of exactly how loud, and what tone their motorcycle exhaust should have, my RSV was quiet as a mouse, now it sounds like a small block V8, nice rumble unless I hit it, as far as loud pipes annoying riders behind me I usually ride with a few friends that ride Harleys, my RSV is still quiet compared to them, I usually let them ride up front, if I run upfront and start to pull away the boys have trouble keeping up. lol

The Monster Ovals do set up a bit of a drone at highway speed, have to see after a long haul or two if it is annoying enough for some baffles.

The drone from the Monster Ovals made it sound worse.

If you left the Monster Ovals Stock without the baffles , I couldn't agree more about the drone. Put the baffles in and it's like magic. Unfortunately, it looks like Smartpartz has sold their business to JP Cycles so the baffles are no longer available.

If you left the Monster Ovals Stock without the baffles , I couldn't agree more about the drone. Put the baffles in and it's like magic. Unfortunately, it looks like Smartpartz has sold their business to JP Cycles so the baffles are no longer available.

That explains why I have been having trouble tracking them down.