IGNORED

Gas prices

MikeM8560

i use very little gas.i have a ranger truck that i fill about once a month,now that the weather is breaking. rode my bikes and majesty scooter all winter.the truck is the only thing i have beside my bikes. got this thing about saving energy, replaced bulbs with energy efficient flouresent. three new low water toilets, not really worried about the price of gas anymore. fat ass kennedy has alot more to lose than i do. he'll be buying his boo's at dirt cheap like the rest of us. the nice thing about not being rich is i don't have alot to lose. i'm using all the money i save on energy to enjoy the golden years and they are great. got my little castle here and everything i want to enjoy life. sure glad to be as old as i am. i would never in a million years go back. my wife says what are we going to do when the economy collapses, i said we will just get out our guns and protect our little castle, and find us a nice refrigerator box to live in on the street.lol. bill :rasberry::2133: ps, my refrigerator box will be energy efficient. :rotf::rotf::cool10:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use very little gas.i have a ranger truck that i fill about once a month,now that the weather is breaking. rode my bikes and majesty scooter all winter.the truck is the only thing i have beside my bikes. got this thing about saving energy, replaced bulbs with energy efficient flouresent. three new low water toilets, not really worried about the price of gas anymore. fat ass kennedy has alot more to lose than i do. he'll be buying his boo's at dirt cheap like the rest of us. the nice thing about not being rich is i don't have alot to lose. i'm using all the money i save on energy to enjoy the golden years and they are great. got my little castle here and everything i want to enjoy life. sure glad to be as old as i am. i would never in a million years go back. my wife says what are we going to do when the economy collapses, i said we will just get out our guns and protect our little castle, and find us a nice refrigerator box to live in on the street.lol. bill :rasberry::2133: ps, my refrigerator box will be energy efficient. :rotf::rotf::cool10:

bill, since YOU hijacked this thread, i will now ask a question, not related to fuel.

how in the world, does a man with three or four children, survive on $12.00 an hour wages?

i am guessing , that is about the norm, for "skilled labor", nation wide.

heck. i have trouble just taking care of me and mamma, on that kind of salary.

just jt

bill, since YOU hijacked this thread, i will now ask a question, not related to fuel.

how in the world, does a man with three or four children, survive on $12.00 an hour wages?

just jt

the question is why does he have 3 or 4 children if he makes $12.00 per hour? not very fair to the children. i know what you mean. i work with guys that have families and make little more than that and i wonder how do they manage. when i was young i knew i could'nt afford kids so we did'nt have any. then as i got older and could of had them my wife and i enjoyed each other so much we never did have any. just never had time for kids. i have nothing against kids. it's everyones choice. bill :2133:

$3.38 all over N. Charleston SC today .. Marina was $4.35 and need to fill up my 105 gal

tank for this weekend ... OUCH !!!! Will be picking up the boat from DryStack Thursday and

putting it on the trailer to get the lower price .. Still gonna hurt big time ... Filled up my

STeed yesterday and it was little over $16 ...

$3.38 all over N. Charleston SC today .. Marina was $4.35 and need to fill up my 105 gal

tank for this weekend ... OUCH !!!! Will be picking up the boat from DryStack Thursday and

putting it on the trailer to get the lower price .. Still gonna hurt big time ... Filled up my

STeed yesterday and it was little over $16 ...

Man I love sailboats!!! 40 gallon diesel tank and 24mpg..... before I put up the sails.. :) And the wind is still free.....

just jt

I often wonder the same thing. I don't know what skilled labor pays around the country but fast food restraints are paying $10 here and skilled labor is double that or more.

I just put diesel in my work truck this weekend 4.35 a gallon and that was at the cheap stations. My truck gets 12-14 mpg and I have no choice but to drive it. I tell you I'm using my hyundai and venture as much as possible when I don't have to haul tools or materials to a jobsite though.

DANG, Charlie!

i had to hunt , for ten minutes , to find "blueslover's post"!!!!

you ought to be more direct, in your "quotes"~

lol

good to see ya on here , brother!

how's the hips?

just jt

No hunting is required.........

Just click on the little blue box, right after the name in the quote & it will take you right to the post quoted........

3.45 a Gallon here, Last weekend I went down the north Calif. coast and paid 4.59 a Gallon in Eureka. Better part of a twenty dollar bill to fill a bike! Now they are putting ethonal in our gas in Ore. They didn't lower the price but your mileage drops big time. Not yet sure what its gonna do to fuel systems or motors.

3.45 a Gallon here, Last weekend I went down the north Calif. coast and paid 4.59 a Gallon in Eureka. Better part of a twenty dollar bill to fill a bike! Now they are putting ethonal in our gas in Ore. They didn't lower the price but your mileage drops big time. Not yet sure what its gonna do to fuel systems or motors.

Our Gov wanted to raise the Biofuel Percentage from five to ten Percent starting in July this Year. Only Fuel which should have stayed a 5 Percent was the best Octane Gas. But they learned that maybe over 3 Million Vehicles would have been affected. So they stopped the whole Process and think about the whole Biofuel Thing. The Amount of Biofuel only Germany need to mix is so muc, that we import it from Malaysia... Not so good on the overall CO2 Reduction. Our Secretary is thinking about the whole Mixture Thing and has his Experts calculate the whole Process. If there is not at least 30 Percent better CO2 Emission during the whole Production and Transport, the Mixture Law could go away.

"The Amount of Biofuel only Germany need to mix is so muc, that we import it from Malaysia... Not so good on the overall CO2 Reduction."

I think you're right. Adding a small amount of biofuel to your gasoline might make a "feel good" contribution, but dang....if it has to be brought all the way from Malaysia on a slow moving ship burning fuel oil the whole way, then probably less actual pollutants would be sent into the air if you didn't bother with biofuel at all.

"The Amount of Biofuel only Germany need to mix is so muc, that we import it from Malaysia... Not so good on the overall CO2 Reduction."

I think you're right. Adding a small amount of biofuel to your gasoline might make a "feel good" contribution, but dang....if it has to be brought all the way from Malaysia on a slow moving ship burning fuel oil the whole way, then probably less actual pollutants would be sent into the air if you didn't bother with biofuel at all.

Even Greenpeace is AGAINST raising the Percentage . .. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I think, if produced locally, a small Amount not only makes you feel good, it may even help the Environment and the Economy. But that's a different Story. If we could over this hatered Debate between Al Gore's Politics and "stop global Goring", we even could achieve a somehow safer World.

Rode up to Maine this last weekend. Was $3.65 to $3.69 here in CT..

In NH it was $3.45. That means that CT made at least 7% more in profit than NH.

Oh I'm sorry make that 7% more of a 100% profit. It doesn't cost them anything

cause they don't have the expense of producing anything.

Aren't taxes great:confused24:

Finally made my way through the thread. Many good points, and I would like to put in my 2 cents.

I live 75 miles away from any real civilization. This includes my job, for which I drive 1 hour each way to make my paycheck. 4 years ago I started this commute, for which I sold my F150 and bought a Hyundai Elantra. Fuel then was just about 1.70/gal, today I paid 3.50 to fill my Toyota, just about $46, and then turned around and paid $38 to fill my elantra when I drove to work. I now figure $400/month to drive to work. These numbers show an average of 25% increases each year, but my pay goes up by maybe 3.2%...and I'm supposed to be grateful for that.I stopped buying propane to heat with 2 years ago and installed a corn burning stove, for which I started paying 2.35/bushel, today I also bought that at $5.75 a bushel. Thank God propane has risen faster than corn, so at least I'm still saving a buttload heating with corn. Now, I would love to live closer to work, but I'm stuck in the middle. My fuel expenses are getting very painful, but for some damn reason (farm bill anyone), Grand Forks, ND has a horribly overpriced market. Even if I could afford the house, I can't afford to heat it during our 7 month long winters, and I can't afford the damn taxes.

Now, this brings up an early comment, we learned at the elevator today that maybe 10% of their corn is going to Ethanol, the other is going north to Canada for food. No offense to our Canadian brothers, but we're burning our food, and what we're not burning we're shipping outside our borders. Can anyone say NAFTA? I was told by my congressman recently how important our trade policies with Uraguay are...no one up there gets it, but as long as they're making money and staying in power, we're screwed.

I'm also one of the next generation, as I'm only 29, and I'm pissed as hell. I have to pay exorbitant prices for food, fuel, heat, taxes, and somewhere in there I'm supposed to be having children to continue paying for medicare, social security and any other damn entitlement, as well as trying to put money away for my own retirement because those entitlements won't be there for my wife and I.

To my knowledge, the founding documents repeatedly spoke of posterity...all I can see are people asking for more from the govt and less from themselves. We can't go on this way, we must figure out a way to be more self reliant, trash every Goddamn free trade piece of paper and encourage inovation to rid us of this addiction to foreign oil that someone should have addressed, oh I don't know, maybe around the time of the first oil shortage. Thirty seven years was quite a long time to waste.

You know, Adam Smith, and even the ancient greeks spoke of the problems that consume this country today. Too bad more people didn't read them in High School, probably would've been a better way to spend the time than Football practice.

Sorry this was so long, and I hope it was somewhat comprehendable.

We took a jump today to 1.29 a liter (almost exactly 4 in a US Gallon) for regular and 1.34 for diesel. I dont know how truckers and ppl that drive for a living can make a living anymore. that works out to about 5.12 a USgal. Its making it harder and harder to drive the suv to work and around town everyday.

The projections are for us to get up to 140 a liter and we produce all our own oil and gas and natural gas in the province,,,,, I dont get it.

We took a jump today to 1.29 a liter (almost exactly 4 in a US Gallon) for regular and 1.34 for diesel. I dont know how truckers and ppl that drive for a living can make a living anymore. that works out to about 5.12 a USgal. Its making it harder and harder to drive the suv to work and around town everyday.

The projections are for us to get up to 140 a liter and we produce all our own oil and gas and natural gas in the province,,,,, I dont get it.

BOY do i hear ya , brian!

texas refines gas and diesel, for almost HALF of the U.S. market!

we ship /pipeline, natural gas , all the way to the canadian border.

the real "cutter", here is , they can buy fuel and natural gas cheaper then us texicans , can!

don't add up, somehow!

just jt

Finally made my way through the thread. Many good points, and I would like to put in my 2 cents.

I live 75 miles away from any real civilization. This includes my job, for which I drive 1 hour each way to make my paycheck. 4 years ago I started this commute, for which I sold my F150 and bought a Hyundai Elantra. Fuel then was just about 1.70/gal, today I paid 3.50 to fill my Toyota, just about $46, and then turned around and paid $38 to fill my elantra when I drove to work. I now figure $400/month to drive to work. These numbers show an average of 25% increases each year, but my pay goes up by maybe 3.2%...and I'm supposed to be grateful for that.I stopped buying propane to heat with 2 years ago and installed a corn burning stove, for which I started paying 2.35/bushel, today I also bought that at $5.75 a bushel. Thank God propane has risen faster than corn, so at least I'm still saving a buttload heating with corn. Now, I would love to live closer to work, but I'm stuck in the middle. My fuel expenses are getting very painful, but for some damn reason (farm bill anyone), Grand Forks, ND has a horribly overpriced market. Even if I could afford the house, I can't afford to heat it during our 7 month long winters, and I can't afford the damn taxes.

Now, this brings up an early comment, we learned at the elevator today that maybe 10% of their corn is going to Ethanol, the other is going north to Canada for food. No offense to our Canadian brothers, but we're burning our food, and what we're not burning we're shipping outside our borders. Can anyone say NAFTA? I was told by my congressman recently how important our trade policies with Uraguay are...no one up there gets it, but as long as they're making money and staying in power, we're screwed.

I'm also one of the next generation, as I'm only 29, and I'm pissed as hell. I have to pay exorbitant prices for food, fuel, heat, taxes, and somewhere in there I'm supposed to be having children to continue paying for medicare, social security and any other damn entitlement, as well as trying to put money away for my own retirement because those entitlements won't be there for my wife and I.

To my knowledge, the founding documents repeatedly spoke of posterity...all I can see are people asking for more from the govt and less from themselves. We can't go on this way, we must figure out a way to be more self reliant, trash every Goddamn free trade piece of paper and encourage inovation to rid us of this addiction to foreign oil that someone should have addressed, oh I don't know, maybe around the time of the first oil shortage. Thirty seven years was quite a long time to waste.

You know, Adam Smith, and even the ancient greeks spoke of the problems that consume this country today. Too bad more people didn't read them in High School, probably would've been a better way to spend the time than Football practice.

Sorry this was so long, and I hope it was somewhat comprehendable.

you said a mouthful and i agree. it's the mind set of the american people. we are spoiled and have developed the everything will work out attitude, and every one has to have everything right now. well we are beyond everything just working out. it ain't going to happen this time. just look at the numbers. even i ain't that stupid not to see the picture. we are in ultra deep doo doo, and there ain't no fix, just a bunch of bandaids. anyone that thinks a super hero is going to take over as president and fix everything is a total absolute dreamer. this mess did'nt just happen over night i have watched it evolve my whole life. people slowly climbed into the fast lane and now the fast lane has done us in. bill :depressed: