IGNORED

Small oil leak

slowrollwv

Well I was getting the bike out this morning to go for a ride and noticed oil on the floor. Checking things out it looks like it may be coming from the back end of the motor. It is dripping down onto the frame tab for the center stand on the left side of the bike. My question where is it coming from?

No I didn't over fill it. I will take the left rear fins off this week and see if I can find where it is coming from. Not sure what is behind the chrome cover that hides the clutch bleeder, Have not been in there yet. After thinking about it today while riding it may be the valve cover gasket starting to leak.

I have had a slight leak from what I think is my left rear valve cover gasket. I did tighten it a little cause I understand it's a shoulder bolt and you have to be careful. I just wipe it with a tissue every now and then and it takes a long time to accumulate there again. I only get a chance to ride maybe 4- 5000 kms a year so its parked alot. If I'm going to replace the gaskets it would be good idea to do a valve adjustment but I don't think in my case it's severe enough to justify the expense.

I went over to the tech section and looked at the pics. My leak is not dripping from the line it is from the mounting tang for the center stand. It could be the clutch slave cylinder and running down onto the frame.

Is the fluid low in the clutch sight glass? You should be able to tell the difference between motor oil and hydraulic fluid.