IGNORED

Unusual Winter

SilvrT

While it's not a record year for snow, it's so far a record month. 3 days ago there wasn't a flake of snow to be found. We did get a good dump back in Dec which seemed to hang around forever but a week of warm weather and rain in Jan took care of that. Now we're back to shovelling again!

I think old man winter knows Nina & I are hitting the road for warmer climates next winter so he wants to give us something to remember him by (thanks, but no thanks!)

IMG_7334 (Medium).jpg

We are in the middle of receiving 4 inches on top of the 4 inches we got the day before yesterday and it's still coming down. :snow2: :crying: :snow2:

I know, it's sad, but I'm used to being spoiled and like it. Totally not ready to give it up. :hurts:

That is just beautiful.

I sure wish we had a view like that here.

We are getting more rain this week.

Actually, I much prefer this snow and colder temps. Normally it rains and rains and rains here... day in and day out .... and it gets really depressing.

Actually, I much prefer this snow and colder temps. Normally it rains and rains and rains here... day in and day out .... and it gets really depressing.

I'm with you on that, rain can be seriously depressing. Once I left Seattle I felt so much better. That gray, dreary, wet, cold, soupy, damp weather all the time is really tough to take. Better to just have a couple months where riding is not possible. I'm going to move even further north, maybe around Devils Lake so even more winter.

What do you guys think of a Vmax powered sled as a project? :banana:

This is getting serious. We now have about 15 inches on the deck and more coming. Even 1 inch of snow usually brings Victoria and Vancouver to their knees, wailing and crying to the weather gods to leave them alone. If virgins were not such a scarce commodity around here one might of been sacrificed. Even the sheep are looking nervous. The idiots are out on the roads proving they have no idea how to drive, and it is even worse when there is snow. All joking aside this is really getting serious. Out of brandy and beer, subsisting on wine. Have to go out and buck up three trees that have come down across the driveway. Got to get out and load up on vital supplies, whiskey and beer.

Beautiful day here in NE TN today. Took a trip over to Winston Salem, NC today to pick up a hood, front bumper and driver side headlight for my Infiniti I35 that got thumped on the 30th. These headlights go for $800 on RockAuto and can't imagine what they go for at the Infiniti dealer.

It is supposed to be 68 degrees here tomorrow. I always hope the groundhog calls for six more weeks of winter as he is right less than 40% of the time.

Randy

Ha! Here's what I've been doing over the past two days, we had drifts up to 4ft!

Actual snow was around 2+ ft deep. More due tonight & tomorrow :(

C.100_3048.jpg

Can't wait for it to change. Supposed to be on Thursday.

My neighbour had her drive cleared & the ignorant contractor dumped it all across the end of my driveway!

This is just the apron area in front of my garage. Got the driveway cleared today & got out for lunch! (But not on the bike!) LOL

Roads are atrocious.

Edited by Kretz

Thank goodness we don't have that much Kretz.

We do now have a foot of snow. I was amazed today to see a pair of snow plows running in tandem down the main road near my house. Didn't think the municipality had any equipment like that.

When it snows I have to take the bus part way to work then walk for a couple of miles. Trudging through snow and ice at 11:00 pm or 7:30 am is not my idea of fun. Can't wait for the rain so I can get back on the bike.

I'm a Wet Coaster not an Eskimo.

Thank goodness we don't have that much Kretz.

We do now have a foot of snow. I was amazed today to see a pair of snow plows running in tandem down the main road near my house. Didn't think the municipality had any equipment like that.

When it snows I have to take the bus part way to work then walk for a couple of miles. Trudging through snow and ice at 11:00 pm or 7:30 am is not my idea of fun. Can't wait for the rain so I can get back on the bike.

I'm a Wet Coaster not an Eskimo.

For an area that usually gets 3" or so all winter (if any at all) this has been pretty bad Camos.

You may have seen on the news that Chilliwack (one town east) got over 30" between Friday & Monday. we ddin't get quite that much. After I did that clearing yesterday we have another 2" today & it's drifted in places to a foot or more. We considered moving to Ontario a while back but I said to my wife I'm not going somewhere where I have to shovel snow for 3 months of the year! Payback I guess. lol Take care wear walking, not fun at all.

We been okay in southern Ontario. Reasonable amount of snow this winter. Freezing rain this afternoon, and sidewalks are very slippery. Hey....we are in Canada.:confused24:

:snow::canada::beer:

You're quite correct but we are not in Ont., Quebec etc, here in southern BC a winter usually consists of gray rainy days & temps around 5-6 degC. Very occasionally some snow but a few inches over the whole season, not 2+ft dumps in one weekend! Hell, I have my bike insured year round FFS. Our local city councils just don't have sufficient equipment or personnel to deal with it & the sub zero temps have meant that it's taking a long time to clear.

This amount of snow is almost unheard of in the Lower Mainland of BC... many snowfall records have been broken over the past few days.

my BIL lives in Tiverton, Ont., he's spitting feathers as he's an avid X country skier & in that area they've had very little snow this year. So he has little sympathy for us! I think the biggest problem is that it just keeps on coming, I got my driveway & garage area cleared yesterday for the 2nd or 3rd time, this morning there was another 2-3"! :bang head:

:canada::beer:

You're quite correct but we are not in Ont., Quebec etc, here in southern BC a winter usually consists of gray rainy days & temps around 5-6 degC. Very occasionally some snow but a few inches over the whole season, not 2+ft dumps in one weekend! Hell, I have my bike insured year round FFS. Our local city councils just don't have sufficient equipment or personnel to deal with it & the sub zero temps have meant that it's taking a long time to clear.

Thanks for educating me about winter in your area. I was under the impression that you guys in the west, all got snow like in Calgary. Been in your beautiful province in summers only, so have no idea as to what its like in winters.

Love that picture with the snow blower at work. Should enter it in a contest depicting 'winter'.

Take care, and hope things get back to normal for u guys, soon. :canada::beer:

Well here in central Florida, it has been unusually warm. I think we have had maybe 5 days under 60. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak. I have made the trip up to Daytona for bike week and froze my butt off. So guess there is time for a major cool off.

Thanks for educating me about winter in your area. I was under the impression that you guys in the west, all got snow like in Calgary. Been in your beautiful province in summers only, so have no idea as to what its like in winters.

Love that picture with the snow blower at work. Should enter it in a contest depicting 'winter'.

Take care, and hope things get back to normal for u guys, soon. :canada::beer:

Keep in mind that Kretz is talking about the Lower Mainland area of the West Coast, and Vancouver Island. The interior areas of BC generally get "normal" winters and unlike Calgary, do not experience chinooks. As for this year, even those areas are getting hit harder than usual. OTOH, our mountains and ski hills get considerably more snow than you'll find most anywhere else, in some cases twice the amount of snowfall.

The kind of snowfalls we've had around here this past week are commonplace in the interior. I've lived them for many years and quite frankly prefer it to day in and day out rain, rain, rain. That said, I'll take warm, dry weather any day!

BTW, as of today there's twice the amount of snow as you see in my first pic.

Keep in mind that Kretz is talking about the Lower Mainland area of the West Coast, and Vancouver Island. The interior areas of BC generally get "normal" winters and unlike Calgary, do not experience chinooks. As for this year, even those areas are getting hit harder than usual. OTOH, our mountains and ski hills get considerably more snow than you'll find most anywhere else, in some cases twice the amount of snowfall.

The kind of snowfalls we've had around here this past week are commonplace in the interior. I've lived them for many years and quite frankly prefer it to day in and day out rain, rain, rain. That said, I'll take warm, dry weather any day!

BTW, as of today there's twice the amount of snow as you see in my first pic.

Silver T is dead right there! I'm only talking about Lower Mainland area, South of the Province Vancouver area & following the Fraser River out as far as Chilliwack & Hope. Any farther East &/ or North & their winters are way different than ours. My partner has lived in Sarnia, Ont & Edmonton, Ab & dislikes the Gray gloomy days we often get here. She remembers lots of snow in Ab & On but "huge open blue skies" which she loved. It can get a bit depressing here in winter. Guess you can't have it all huh? I guess it's all good though :)

We're told tomorrow into Thursday it's going to warm up to 7-8 deg BUT before that they are predicting a huge dump of :snow: snow, followed by freezing rain :cold::depressed:, then normal rain :rain2: as it warms up! Talk about going out with a bang.

Silver T is dead right there! I'm only talking about Lower Mainland area, South of the Province Vancouver area & following the Fraser River out as far as Chilliwack & Hope. Any farther East &/ or North & their winters are way different than ours. My partner has lived in Sarnia, Ont & Edmonton, Ab & dislikes the Gray gloomy days we often get here. She remembers lots of snow in Ab & On but "huge open blue skies" which she loved. It can get a bit depressing here in winter. Guess you can't have it all huh? I guess it's all good though :)

We're told tomorrow into Thursday it's going to warm up to 7-8 deg BUT before that they are predicting a huge dump of :snow: snow, followed by freezing rain :cold::depressed:, then normal rain :rain2: as it warms up! Talk about going out with a bang.

Not going out, just taking a short break to reload...................:snow::snow2::snow: