IGNORED

Busy day

Freebird

As some of you may have read, I'm trying to help my brother in law as he struggles with cancer by keeping his business running. He owns a company called NorthCoast Mobility where he sells and installs Acorn Stairlifts. I do sales calls on Friday afternoons and evenings and then do the installs over the weekend. It's not that big of a deal except that his illness came on very quickly so he never got to train me on cutting and preparing the rails for different length stairs and we never got to do an install.

Here is a picture of my first install. Did it this morning and then two more after this one. So three in one day isn't too bad for somebody who had never done it before. Not that difficult to do but a little time-consuming. It took me about an hour to cut and prepare each one before going to the install sites. By the third one, I had learned a few little tricks that made it go faster. I think that I am getting to the point where I can do the onsite install in 1 to 1 1/2 hours. I sold these three last week. Now I just need to sell some more.

So here is a picture of my first install. After doing 3 of these today, I feel like I need to install one in my own house so that I can get to my bed.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_11a7.jpg

I don't know how far I would go. My general rule of thumb is about a 100 mile radius. To be honest though, I travel so much that I could probably work them in further in some cases if the customer would be OK with me installing in the evening. As for Eileen, she would sure like to help but there just isn't much that she could do. Besides, she pretty much has her plate full taking care of doctors appointments and other stuff.