IGNORED

I love winter, but this is a little much....

bj66

Got up to go to church this morning. -29 with wind chill making it -55. Should be able to put ice shack out for fishing next week after this cold front goes through. Definitely should have decent ice now. I guess that is à plus...

BBBBUUUURRRRrrrrrrrrr

I have never experienced more than -40 and that was only in an environmental chamber at work so I just had to walk out the door and into the next chamber that was maintained at 145F and 98% humidity to get warm again. The coldest the weather has ever been here is -26 and WC of -35

Hope you have a good heater in your ice shack.

It looked like you also got a bit of new snow from this last little cloud that went by.

There are a lot of the diehards out on the ice already around here. There are also some falling thru and needing rescue.

Neighbors vehicle temp showed -40 this morning. I could stay warm enough fishing in my shack. Won't go out like this though. Truck might not want to start when I'm done.

Glad I don't have livestock to take care of. I can just stay in the house and wait it out.

Heading into town for church. Not looking forward to 20 mile drive....

We had -20 here this morning along with -30 wind chill, most likely will get alittle colder tonight winds are going to pick up today until late afternoon.

Put a few more chunks of wood in the stove and its a nice 75 here in the house.

Hate to leave the house but have to go and plow drifts back on the ridge roads from yesterdays 8 inches of snow.

Stay warm and be safe out there in the cold.

It was -20 yesterday here but not much wind. When I got up this morning there was a heat wave, it warmed to 3. It might get to the high 30s this coming week. When I was a kid I remember it hitting -40 a couple times here but it's been a lot of years since we got that kind of cold. Some years it can be bitter and harsh while other winters we dont even spend much time below freezing.

It was -20 yesterday here but not much wind. When I got up this morning there was a heat wave, it warmed to 3. It might get to the high 30s this coming week. When I was a kid I remember it hitting -40 a couple times here but it's been a lot of years since we got that kind of cold. Some years it can be bitter and harsh while other winters we dont even spend much time below freezing.

I think that on average the Black Hills are about 15 degrees warmer than where I am. Usually cooler in summer as well.

Bill

When I bought my RSTD in 08, I came over to Larson's Cycle in Cambridge and picked it up. Nice area to live. I liked it over there, and Larson's is a good dealer. There a a few guys from my area that went over there. You are almost straight East of me.

I think that on average the Black Hills are about 15 degrees warmer than where I am. Usually cooler in summer as well.

The Black Hills are awesome but this spring I'll be moving either east closer to you or up into ND. Either way it will be colder, but less people! As you probably know I'm close to Rapid City and it's seriously overcrowded here. I'm okay with the cold if it comes with some GD peace and quiet! :beer:

Officially Aberdeen SD got down to -37 last night with a wind chill making it -59...…..

Thats insane, I hope your staying warm! Officially RC got to -18 but it was -21 up here. I'm in the hills a little outside and up West of RC. -37 is nuts, I never realized it was that much colder east, I know you get a bit more snow than we do.

BBBBUUUURRRRrrrrrrrrr

I have never experienced more than -40 and that was only in an environmental chamber at work so I just had to walk out the door and into the next chamber that was maintained at 145F and 98% humidity to get warm again. The coldest the weather has ever been here is -26 and WC of -35

Hope you have a good heater in your ice shack.

It looked like you also got a bit of new snow from this last little cloud that went by.

There are a lot of the diehards out on the ice already around here. There are also some falling thru and needing rescue.

Once again I ponder the question of WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO LIVE IN SUCH A PLACE?

Once again I ponder the question of WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO LIVE IN SUCH A PLACE?

Because even this kind of cold is still better than 100°. I can dress for the cold and still go out and play. When it gets to 90° and higher, I can only take off so much clothes before I get arrested, and it is still to hot for survival. There are a lot more people die from the heat than the cold.

Because even this kind of cold is still better than 100°. I can dress for the cold and still go out and play. When it gets to 90° and higher, I can only take off so much clothes before I get arrested, and it is still to hot for survival. There are a lot more people die from the heat than the cold.

Go out and play in the snow drift. Or shovel snow so you can get the car out of the driveway to go to the store. How many snowmen and snow Angels do you really want to make.

Down south it does get warm and sultry on occasion but we can take a dip in the ole water hole to cool down if need be. And there is always a refreshing glass of mint julip or lemonade or a cold beer. We never have to plug the car or motorcycle in at night to keep it from freezing. The only time you are shoveling is when you're digging a hole. And then we have a much longer bikini season and year round riding season. I'm gonna require a lot more convincing Jeff.

This is what I love about east Tennessee. Our weather is much more moderate on both ends. Winters not as cold and summers not as hot. I remember when I went to tech school in March 69 in the AF and was stationed at Chanute AFB in Rantoul IL. As miserable cold and snowy and windy as it was, I thought at least it won't be so hot in the summer. Boy, was I wrong. I just couldn't believe some place could be so cold, especially in March, and be so hot and humid in the summer.

The other great thing is if we are having a hot day, five to six thousand feet elevation is an hour away with many great places to play and swimming holes that are VERY cold all summer. At the campground at Mt Pisgah, south of Asheville, on the Blue Ridge Parkway, it is at 5,000 feet and even in August, you better have a good blanket.

Also, we have no state income tax and no crocked up vehicle inspection program.

Randy

Hey Flyinfool If I try to close that frozen back door of mine think maybe you could tune down that snow machine of yours a bit. Christmas eve day I am driving to Highland Ill, (which some may know is about 40 minutes outside of St Louis). I'll be crossing the Blue water Bridge at Sarnia/Port Huron, and then I-69 through Fort Wayne to Indianapolis then I-70 to US-40 into Highland. It will be the 1st time my wife gets to spend Christmas in her home town with her family in 24 years.

Hey Flyinfool If I try to close that frozen back door of mine think maybe you could tune down that snow machine of yours a bit. Christmas eve day I am driving to Highland Ill, (which some may know is about 40 minutes outside of St Louis). I'll be crossing the Blue water Bridge at Sarnia/Port Huron, and then I-69 through Fort Wayne to Indianapolis then I-70 to US-40 into Highland. It will be the 1st time my wife gets to spend Christmas in her home town with her family in 24 years.

My machine does not work at all without your cold air. So yes you can stop the snow by simply stopping my supply of cold air.

Good luck on your drive down.