Condor, New member and new 1990 Venture Royale owner but have not even looked at the brace to be honest yet.I will check mine out and if I don't already have this upgrade I will also be wanting to be added to the list.Will let you know asap. This site and you folks are awesome!:322:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ken8143

Sent paypal - this thing is confusing - may have sent you two payments.

Want alumum color.

Ship address

Ken Yoder

8143 Elizabethtown Rd

Elizabethtown PA 17022

PayPal sent for a Aluminum one.

Gee, with the way the numbers are still climbing, maybe you can get another price break for 60. :cool10: Thanks again. Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I think we've pretty much got the price down as low as possible and still let the manufacturer make a profit.... :) Nice thought tho-.....

Bongobobny mentioned something, and I got to thinking.... and that's dangerous. :) He said he planned on polishing his new brace out to a chrome shine and then sealing it with a couple of coats of clear. The Aluminum Braces regularly come anodized. I'm into low maintenence so the anodized finished is OK by me, but.... if there any others on the list that were thinking along the same lines as Bob, let me know, and I'll have yours held out of the anodizing process and delivered in a natural finish.

Sent paypal - this thing is confusing - may have sent you two payments.

Want alumum color.

Ship address

Ken Yoder

8143 Elizabethtown Rd

Elizabethtown PA 17022

Hey Ken, Thanks for paying for mine! You're a real pal! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously Jack, Put me down for one, but make it anodized instead of naked, like we talked. If I decide to polish it later, I'll deal with it; nothing else polished on the front of the scoot except the mirrors. :confused24:

And I wouldn't have known about this group buy without the spam either!

Hey Jack, Is it too late to get in on this? Have been gone for a week and not able to keep up with it. I would like a black one. If not too late I will research tomorrow and find out how to pay for it.

Hey Dan, Yep, you're on the list. The payment 'how to' is in the first post of this thread.....

Remember from the previous thread, this is not a "Super Brace", as this is from a different mfr.

Thanks Rocket.... If anyone is under the impression that you are getting a Super Brace after what had transpired in the closed brace thread, I need to reiterate that this is a fork brace from a different manufacturer. NOT A SUPER BRACE

Not a "Super Brace" but basically the same thing, right? Can this one be done with the "weep holes" like in an earlier post?

Not sure what you mean by weep holes Todd??? As far as being like a Super Brace, I think you need to ask is it like all the other braces that are on the market.... but here are the pics. You be the judge.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/e4/c5/0c81_1.JPG

http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/e4/c5/155e_1.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e4/c5/b5dd_1.JPG

In a previous thread recently, there was a brace shown with slots machined in, to allow drainage from the bolt holes onto the surface adjoining the fork tubes.

Not sure what you mean by weep holes Todd??? As far as being like a Super Brace, I think you need to ask is it like all the other braces that are on the market.... but here are the pics. You be the judge.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/e4/c5/0c81_1.JPG

the brace with the slots, was a "one of a kind", custom made , by one of our members!

just jt

I would think that the slots might?? mess with the integrity of the brace. I'm going to take a look at it when I get mine and toy with the idea of punching scuppers.... that's boat talk.... drain holes... into each opening, or hunt around for some of those plastic caps that would fit...??. But then it never rains in California :)

Dano, in the last thread, posted this picture of the one he made. The slots look kind of nice for water draining. I hadn't thought about integrity issues.

It is a good looking brace. I'm no engineer, but I would think that the position of the notch up against the fork would hinder water drainage, and the pricipal of a thicker brace is to prevent flexing and have the front forks respond in unison, and from the looks of the size of the notches in the screw areas it might make the walls weaker and allow flexing..... I think???? I'm gonna look for some plugs.

The Slots sure don't hurt the Integrity. But inho, they look a bit wierd. I have some Plugs lying around from the Vmax upper Handlebar Clamp. I'm pretty sure they will fit the Bolts. Will they cover the Holes ?? I don't know, yet.

This the final call for those on the list that haven't yet sent their money in. If you still want to get a brace you need to send the payment in now. Some of you may have changed your mind, and that's OK, just let me know. Also there are a few on the list that I'm unable to contact. If I don't hear from you by friday evening, I'll have to consider you're no longer interested. Sorry.

For those that have sent in their payments, please go to the first post and check your name. Make sure you are marked as paid, and you have the correct finish marked. If I've made a mistake.... yeah it happens..... let me know.

I'll be giving the manufacturer the final results on Saturday morning.

~Condor~

Just trying to keep everybody in the loop. The manufacturer is planning on a completion date of May 3rd for the braces. So we should be looking at an arrival date here sometime the following week. Then I'll start to get them packed and shipped. I'll probably be the weak link in the whole shipping process trying to get 50 braces packed up, labled, and out the door, so hang in there. The wheels of progress are turning.... :)