IGNORED

Mathew

slowrollwv

We had lots of rain Saturday and wind and rain Saturday night. I had one large tree go down, it just missed my shop. All in all we were blessed not to have more damage. We have a few roads closed, but I can get where I need to go.

Got the inside of my cellar top building wet. I thought I was 30 yrs old and yanked the roof off. Figured I'd have it back on before storm hit. WRONG!! More rot than expected and I ain't 30 yrs old anymore!! Floor is rough Oak I don't think it will hurt it Joists under floor in top of cellar are 2x12 rough cut oak. I was building for the duration if tree hadn't started roof leaking . I used that stupid wafer board as sheathing. Didn't last long after rian started getting to it. By the time I caught it it was gone. If I had jumped in as soon as t was damaged I probally could have saved it but like I said I ain't 30 anymore!!:backinmyday::Avatars_Gee_George:

My sister's home located 45 miles north of Greenville NC was flooded again, the 4th time in the last 16 years. The first time was in 2000 and they said it was a 500 year flood. I think the Army Corp of Engineers must have done something farther inland to cause the flooding to worsen. I grew up there and the area where her home is located never flooded.

3:10 PM Saturday in Wilmington NC on the coast.

The eye of the storm is over my home at this time but the wind and rain from the storm passed mostly to our west dumping a lot of rain. I'm sure there will be lots of flooding in some places. The wind never got above about 40mph at my location. Got a lot of pine tree debris in the yard but got off lucky. I keep threatening to cut down all 9 of my pine trees so they can't fall on the house.

No need to cut them down they seem to fall down on their own.