IGNORED

Howdy From Historic Williamsburg, VA

bongobobny

It's a very interesting area, Williamsburg, Yorktown. And there are many other historical things of interest in the area. My wife wanted to go for a time share presentation maybe 10 years ago. We got a free night. I admit I was tempted to buy one. I forgot what price they started at maybe $11k but after saying no a few times they came down to about $2500 when I got tempted. But I still couldn't do it. I had been to a few time share presentations many years ago with wife #1 , but wife #2 , the Ruskie, wanted to go to see what they were about. We also went to one in Vegas on the strip. They started at $44k and came down to $11k. I wasn't tempted there. But we got some free Cirque de Soliel tickets out of the deal, the oldest one. It is still a great show.

Yah! We got free tour of Winery and multiday pass for Williamsburg. It cost us $9500 for the "Deed and we can keep it, sell it, or will it to our children, which is what we are doing. A 4 bedroom condo was around 70K from what I remember but we took a 1 bedroom which is all we need, for the mentioned price. There is a " maintenance fee" of $207 a year which pays taxes, insurance, etc. We also got membership in a "points" system (which costs an extra $132 a year) which allows us to use many other worldwide locations instead of here in Williamsburg.

Those prices sound waaaay too cheap!!! What all did it include??? Mine gives me 4 weeks per year (I think) forever, to include whoever gets it after we are dead and gone. All I know is it now seems to cost around $125 to $150 and up depending on the location just for a hotel room, and our condo has kitchen and living room etc in a gated community...

The price was so good sounding to me I put it on my interest free credit card until I get home and extract the money from my 401K. It will pay for itself in hotel costs well within 10 years.

Blue Sky, I do NOT use a credit card unless I get something out of it!! Generally use the GM card for 5% back up to the max $500 per year ($10,000 in purchases) then I use a couple of others that give me 2%, 3% or 5% back. Yes I use the Citi cash back card along with Bank Of America, Discover, Capital One, etc depending on how much cash back I get. 1% doesn't cut it at all!! Pretty much EVERYTHING goes on a credit card, and paid off monthly because there is no sense getting a small percent cash back then paying interest on it!!!

Chuck, actually very little rain here!! It's been cloudy, and a few sprinkles here and there but no wash out! Tempertures in the mid 70's too!

Yesterday we visited Colonial Williamsburg, saw a lot of stuff but probably only about half of everything. Today we visited the Jamestown settlement, and same story! Sooo, plenty to see at both places the next time! We did not get to Yorktown yet, or Busch Gardens. We want to see Virginia Beach, Norfolk, etc in the future. We definitely will get our use out of this location in the future!

Got to try Virginia Peanut Soup today, delicious!!!