IGNORED

Nearly lost one of my cats tonight

M61A1MECH

I stepped away from my laptop for a few minutes to attend to something and came back to find one of the cats sleeping on the keyboard :doh: not the first time she has done it and you never know what havoc she will cause until you try to use the computer again, normally just something simple like a few hundred key strokes entered into the test box on a search function.

Well today the keyboard appeared to be totally frozen, nothing worked, not the keyboard on the laptop itself nor my USB keyboard I have plugged in. Found after several minutes that it required you to hold the keys down for 3 to 4 seconds before they would respond. :depressed: I type slow enough as it is, I do not need any additional hindrances.

I activated the virtual keyboard, amazing that it worked just fine. I was able to get some help from GOOGLE. Somehow she turned on the filters for sticky keys, :confused24: found a small stopwatch looking icon that when double clicked it opened up a control box so I could turn the filters off. Now it is all working just fine, good news for the cat.

So lesson for the day; put the lid on the lap top down when not attended, so the cat has a warm place to sleep and so she cannot goof anything up. As with everything else in the house it is her's after all, just ask her, and I am just part of staff here to take of her. Next time I may do dogs instead of cats, at least they treat you like family.:rotf:

Steve they do like to lay on warm things. We do not have cats any longer and I will not let any of my family have one again. We do have two dogs a Beagle and a pit bull and they are both outside dogs. We let them in the house for short periods but then they go back to the kennel.

I stepped away from my laptop for a few minutes to attend to something and came back to find one of the cats sleeping on the keyboard :doh: not the first time she has done it and you never know what havoc she will cause until you try to use the computer again, normally just something simple like a few hundred key strokes entered into the test box on a search function.

Well today the keyboard appeared to be totally frozen, nothing worked, not the keyboard on the laptop itself nor my USB keyboard I have plugged in. Found after several minutes that it required you to hold the keys down for 3 to 4 seconds before they would respond. :depressed: I type slow enough as it is, I do not need any additional hindrances.

I activated the virtual keyboard, amazing that it worked just fine. I was able to get some help from GOOGLE. Somehow she turned on the filters for sticky keys, :confused24: found a small stopwatch looking icon that when double clicked it opened up a control box so I could turn the filters off. Now it is all working just fine, good news for the cat.

So lesson for the day; put the lid on the lap top down when not attended, so the cat has a warm place to sleep and so she cannot goof anything up. As with everything else in the house it is her's after all, just ask her, and I am just part of staff here to take of her. Next time I may do dogs instead of cats, at least they treat you like family.:rotf:

I used to have a bumper sticker on an old vehicle which read,

Cats flattened for free