IGNORED

CCleaner question

Venturous Randy

You can either uncheck the check box for cookies in Internet Explorer (or Firefox if you have it)

-OR-

Go to Settings | Cookies and move the cookies you want to keep over to the right side (Cookies to keep)

You'll also see a check box for Saved passwords on the left on the main screen ... make sure that is not checked.

As an added tip, when you clean the registry, do it multiple time until it no longer shows anything in the list. You will find though that certain running programs such as a virus scanner will immediately re-create files that ccleaner will pick up so you can't get rid of those.

hope that helps

I use Firefox and am not sure if this matters, but if I go to settings, then security, then logins, then on the remember logins for sites, I have it checked. Is this what you are talking about?

My Firefox is locking up on me and I am having to do a reboot to do anything. I also have the Malwarebites premium and did a scan and nothing came up. I have also did the disc cleanup because laptop has gotten real slow.

Thanks

Randy

I have been using CCleaner for years. It was recommended by an IT reviewer and I use the free version. Cleaning junk and registry are the one-two punch, the ability to turn off programs that start at boot is my favorite part of CCleaner. The only thing I allow to start at boot is my virus protection. It is amazing to me that every program that is loaded on my computer thinks it has to run all the time.

They don't . . . :innocent:

FYI: I need to mention that Windows 10 updates have disabled CCleaner twice on my one computer running Windows 10. No real explanation has surfaced. Because I saved the free version to the hard drive, all I had to do was reinstall it. There appears to be a Windows 10 version of CCleaner now. I guess I should try it.

Edited by GaryZ

I have been using CCleaner for years. It was recommended by an IT reviewer and I use the free version. Cleaning junk and registry are the one-two punch, the ability to turn off programs that start at boot is my favorite part of CCleaner. The only thing I allow to start at boot is my virus protection. It is amazing to me that every program that is loaded on my computer thinks it has to run all the time.

They don't . . . :innocent:

DITTO

I used to use a program called Fix-It Utilities... started using that way back with Windows 95. Used it right up until maybe 5 or 6 years ago when I found ccleaner. Being in the IT biz and supporting many clients with varying numbers of computers and configurations, those programs saved my bacon and made me look good many times over.

There are other, similar programs available but ccleaner seems to do the job quite well.