IGNORED

Picture upload

Dragonslayer

Thoughts on uploading pics from phone:

2 ways to do this: through computer or direct from phone:

1: Some phones require you to turn on the file sharing.

2: Some phones require you to turn on upload/connection to computer through the usb port.

3: If both above are turned on (my Samsung requires this each time I connect), then you should see the computer loading a screen with options to upload to computer. If using computer, transfer photos to computer then upload (faster).

4: If going direct from phone....the browser you use needs permission to access your camera and your images. Once that is done, simply log on to the web site, if it's a new thread...go to a new thread, give it the title and say what you want to say, then put cursor where you want the pic to go. Then go up to the little add picture icon and touch that...you should get a little window that opens allowing to you pick the picture you want. Go to that area of the phone where the pic is, find it, touch it.....

You may see some words about an attachment on screen...that's ok. Now save the thread.

If it's a reply to thread, go to that area, click on reply and follow above thoughts. Uploading from phone basically is the same from computer from the web site's perspective. The differences are in the phone and it's OS... VS the way the computer handles images.

Hope this helps.

I find the image up load feature to be fairly simple. The only complaint I have is it's one pic at a time. In the olden days we could post multiple up loads in a thumbnail. As far as resizing, it doesn't make any difference what size I upload. They all appear full screen???

You can still upload multiple pictures at a time just like you did before. Just "manage attachments" and pick the ones you want to upload. As for the thumbnails, I can change it back to thumbnails if people prefer them.
When attaching a pic from a computer within a post it says image(s) but will only allow one choice. I might be nice to u/l more than one at a time. Although if you want to control where they go in the text then perhaps the current method is the most efficient.

I liked the thumbnail way better because it creates less clutter. Once you have seen the full size pic then there is no point having it full sized every time you return to the thread. Anyone still on dial-up or possibly has a slow/low data limit on their cell might prefer the smaller image size which will speed up the initial loading of the page.

Although it is not the fastest, I have broadband on my computer so the image size is of no real consequence to me. I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to cell phones and cannot imagine going through the many hassles of using one to enjoy this site. :backinmyday:

There is a few features I enjoy on the phone. There are times however I get a little lost, then again that don't take much for me!! Now here is something I would like is to be able to click a picture or diagram and blow it up. The phone one problem is I will accidently press send before I am done talking. Fat Thumbs I guess.

It is the same as the old one unless you have it set differently. Go to "settings" at the upper right...find "general settings" in the left menu. Scroll down and try selecting "Enhanced Attachment Uploading off". That should make it exactly as it was before.

I must be the biggest techno dummy in the World.

I found the menu at top right see settings option then where is left menu General settings I can not find it . The settings option takes me to Google settings that does not have a general settings option.

If you are using Windows then MSPaint will rotate your image before uploading. It can be found on Start | Programs | Accessories.

I actually use an I-pad so I called my son and he walked me through it. He said an IPad uses the same operating system as a IPhone,which is different than windows. Thanks for trying to help though!

• 7 years later...