IGNORED

How many Have to use enrichers to start there bike.

snyper316

Ok the reason I am starting this one is:

1. When I first got my bike I would always have to choke it in the morning. Sometimes end up flooding it.

2. After Carbs were gone thru I have forgotten I have a choke. Bump the starter it fires Unless its warm it takes a little bit of a crank to start.

3. I have seen many say they have to use there chokes to start there bikes.

4. Shorty is a 250 Honda Rebel and if its less then 65 or so I have to use the choke, and Marie I don't.

5. Finally I am just curious is all so don't have to comment on thread.

Basically Curiosity is Killing the Cat here.

1. When I first got my bike I would always have to choke it in the morning. Sometimes end up flooding it.

2. After Carbs were gone thru I have forgotten I have a choke. Bump the starter it fires Unless its warm it takes a little bit of a crank to start.

4. Shorty is a 250 Honda Rebel and if its less then 65 or so I have to use the choke, and Marie I don't.

I use the choke first start of day. Never fails to start right up.

​It sounds like it may be a tad rich. A bit of choke/enrichment is normal for cold engine start but a too rich mixture will make cold starts easy without choke. Think about it...

Edited by yamagrl
extrapolate

Once again Yamagrl the guru nailed it IMHO.. High float setting, seeping float needle(s), out of adjustment or stuck choke mechanism, loose jets, leaky orings in a carb or even dirty/plugged/oil saturated air filter can cause the old "no need to choke" syndrome. May be hard to believe but I have even discovered worn metering rod orvices (high speed jet) on a couple of my worn out 1st Gens that got so oblongated they were allowing fuel past the metering rods and choke was never needed as a result..

With the "D" plugs these V-4's use - my experience has been the plugs dont take to kindly to over choking. Standard procedure around here has been, cold motor - full choke, bump the starter, get off choke as quickly as possible so plugs dont blacken. Dont let scoot idle or warm up on full choke and you will do a LOT fewer plug changes - IMHO..

Hey Snype - good thread - you should turn it into a "poll" = we love polls,, almost as much as :photographing:'s... :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Well When I reassembled everything I did set the screws all to 2 1/2 turns out. The guy that did my carburetors is gonna give her a tune for me.I was supposed to go out to his house tomorrow to have him do them for me. My Son decided I needed mufflers... :no-no-no:. The truth is I do need them... the problem is the computer I set up for a shop computer was open on ebay.... so he decided to hit Buy It Now!!! My laptop on the other hand is full password protected. He comes upstairs to tell me daddy!! daddy!! I got you something for your motorcycle. The guy said they were good.... thank god they was cheap. Anyways, I will take it after I put my present on it might make it easier to tune it right, because one of my mufflers has a big Ol hole in front of the baffles.

My Son decided I needed mufflers... :no-no-no:. The truth is I do need them... the problem is the computer I set up for a shop computer was open on ebay.... so he decided to hit Buy It Now!!! He comes upstairs to tell me daddy!! daddy!! I got you something for your motorcycle.

Now THAT is one way of explainin to the warden ... :Laugh: :thumbsup2: