IGNORED

If...If...If... GODS COUNTRY!!!...

Condor

So every once in a while I drop in on the IRS auction site to see what's up.. I just ran into something that IF I were 25 years younger, and IF I had a back pocket full of cash, and IF.. ???...

I have never seen anything like this before, but it makes me dream my circumstances were different. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm awestruck!!! And green with envy...

TAKE A LOOK.....

Made me cry Jack,, reminds me so much of home - raising the kids,,, deep sigh of great memories... Never had the home of luxury like that one but we raised our 4 kids at the dead end of 5 miles of gravel road here in Michigan.. Had thousands of acres of State Land with lakes and trout streams covering them and I always considered "State Land" to be owned by "we the people" sooo. Abandoned Blue Berry patches that the State aquired with one of the huge farms that made up some of the land kept our freezers over flowing with fresh organic berries that our kids ate like candy. I was an avid bow and gun deer hunter back then - had numerous stands on our own property but never hunted from them, always hunted the interior of the State lands - my kids never got into the killing part of harvesting deer but brother - they LOVED (especially my oldest who is a teacher now out in Wilton California) to sit out there on those stands on our property and watch deer by the dozens come in to feed - Awahoo (her biker name,, real name is Tami) had em all named and could go on for hours about the crazy stuff those White Tail would do.. Deer kill limit was 5 a year per person if you played it right (had to count antler points) with land owner Doe permits. I managed a couple parcels (out of state owner) connecting our acreage to more State land to the east of us that gave me option to an additional 4 deer but always found 5 to be about all we could handle for filling our "hamburger", jerky and Steak needs.. The many many two tracks and the State "snowmobile" trail that ran all the up to the Mackinaw Bridge that connects upper Michigan to the Lower provided all of us with HOURS and hours of sledding, dirt biking, go cart driving (kids were driving old cars as go carts wayyy before they were double digits in age). Talk about a blast..

Tip was a school teacher when we married - I managed Building and Grounds at the same school and thats where we met. Neither of us could stomach the thought of our future children being subjected to the school systems in our area back then so - together we decided to Home School any children we would be blessed with.. Our first was born at the end of our first year of Marriage and that ended any outside the home "work" that Tip did - what an amazing stay at home Mom she was and still is.. She would and still does work CIRCLES around this old Cowpuc!!

This was all going on during the years that the fight for schools of choice was HUGE and home schooling was legally "iffy" at best - we never "hid" what we were doing - matter of fact,, I remained active enough in the school and, later became involved with a local college as an Administrator - pulled some strings of agreement to have our kids "tested" on a regular basis - Tippy's teaching skills were good enough and our kids inherited enough of her brains that they always scored at the top of the testing criteria in the local school system so their test results helped bring the local systems overall score up enough that they got more money for the system and they left us alone concerning the home schooling matter :beer::guitarist 2::happy65::happy34:.. Nowadays I understand that Home Schooling is MAJORLY used and completely PC - wasnt always like that I tell ya,, back then it fit more into my "not so much PC way of thinking" :rotfl:..

Sorry brother - got me :Im not listening to like we were sitting in Store with our feet propped up eating :essen_024:... Thanks Jack - that's a good one!:backinmyday:

Way cool and someone had way to much money but my ? is what if you have to go get a 6 pack.....

Not very far. Just like everything else, have it air lifted in.... Or...since you have money to burn, the heck with the 6 pack, buy the whole Coors truck... :thumbsup2:

Or walk to the neighbors to borrow a few cans... I just did a google and it's not as remote as imagined.

SOMERSET CO

And after poking around a little more I ran across Rangely Co nearby. Back in the mid '70's I hunted deer out of there in the Douglas Pass area...

Small World....

Edited by Condor

Not many women would live way out there and it would be sort of lonely without a grocery store one quarter mile away, not to mention an auto parts store. I assume you would have to maintain your own generator and water supply.

I worked with an engineer while in Wisconsin who was set on buying a big place in the country on lots of acreage and he showed me several places in Missouri that were very reasonably priced. Eventually, he ended up buying a huge house that was more of a lodge than a house with 80 acres of land in Missouri for pennies on the dollar. Some executive had it built and tried for a long time to sell it. And he talked another engineer we worked with to buy a place in that area. Trouble is it would have to be a retirement home because getting a job there would be tough if not impossible.

My wife who is Russian has a Russian friend who married a bank president in Kentucky. He retired or was retired by the co. and the recession hit. So he sold his 6,000 sq ft home on 7 acres of land with horse stables and lots of stuff for about $275k just to get rid of it. The recession took most of his 401k too and he couldn't afford to live there any more. They moved to Jacksonville FL and picked up a nice 3 br home for about $135k and that is where they still live. You could buy a home really cheap in FL after the recession hit. When I was working in Homestead, FL, a house came on the market that was similar to that guys home, over 6k sq ft on 7 acres for $300k.

Not many women would live way out there and it would be sort of lonely without a grocery store one quarter mile away, not to mention an auto parts store. I assume you would have to maintain your own generator and water supply.

I worked with an engineer while in Wisconsin who was set on buying a big place in the country on lots of acreage and he showed me several places in Missouri that were very reasonably priced. Eventually, he ended up buying a huge house that was more of a lodge than a house with 80 acres of land in Missouri for pennies on the dollar. Some executive had it built and tried for a long time to sell it. And he talked another engineer we worked with to buy a place in that area. Trouble is it would have to be a retirement home because getting a job there would be tough if not impossible.

My wife who is Russian has a Russian friend who married a bank president in Kentucky. He retired or was retired by the co. and the recession hit. So he sold his 6,000 sq ft home on 7 acres of land with horse stables and lots of stuff for about $275k just to get rid of it. The recession took most of his 401k too and he couldn't afford to live there any more. They moved to Jacksonville FL and picked up a nice 3 br home for about $135k and that is where they still live. You could buy a home really cheap in FL after the recession hit. When I was working in Homestead, FL, a house came on the market that was similar to that guys home, over 6k sq ft on 7 acres for $300k.

So I take it you're not going to bid on it??? Or dream just a little??....

So I take it you're not going to bid on it??? Or dream just a little??....

I bet you could buy that house a lot cheaper than you think.

Nope, it's not my dream. My wife and I have been looking around for several years. Our home has been paid for quite a while. We never could agree on any particular house so we stay in the house I bought new in 93. It's plenty nice and more than we need. We looked for good deals after the recession. We found a 3700 sq ft almost mansion on 5 acres in the country that I wanted. It was only about 20 minutes from Wilmington but she didn't want to live that far out. So, it's all good. We saved some money. I also wanted a home in a subdivision that had it's own marina on the inland waterway and every owner had a wet 30' boat slip. She didn't like the house. The houses she liked had terrible or expensive HOAs, typically didn't have an attic or had small garages. Never could come to terms. Frankly, I'd rather have the cash in the bank anyway.

I bet you could buy that house a lot cheaper than you think.

Nope, it's not my dream. My wife and I have been looking around for several years. Our home has been paid for quite a while. We never could agree on any particular house so we stay in the house I bought new in 93. It's plenty nice and more than we need. We looked for good deals after the recession. We found a 3700 sq ft almost mansion on 5 acres in the country that I wanted. It was only about 20 minutes from Wilmington but she didn't want to live that far out. So, it's all good. We saved some money. I also wanted a home in a subdivision that had it's own marina on the inland waterway and every owner had a wet 30' boat slip. She didn't like the house. The houses she liked had terrible or expensive HOAs, typically didn't have an attic or had small garages. Never could come to terms. Frankly, I'd rather have the cash in the bank anyway.

Whether you can afford it, or buy it cheaper isn't the issue here. It's the dream.... and winning the lotto all rolled up into one.. If you can't see that, and want to reduce it down to a market evaluation, then you really missed the spirit of the post.

Wouldn't it be great to throw a leg over a Super Tenere and ride 709 to the end. Gorgeous country even if the home weren't there... Dreaming is good for the soul.. :draming:

Whether you can afford it, or buy it cheaper isn't the issue here. It's the dream.... and winning the lotto all rolled up into one.. If you can't see that, and want to reduce it down to a market evaluation, then you really missed the spirit of the post.

Wouldn't it be great to throw a leg over a Super Tenere and ride 709 to the end. Gorgeous country even if the home weren't there... Dreaming is good for the soul.. :draming:

Like I already said, it's not my dream. I respect the fact that it is yours. Neither is riding a motorcycle on the dirt my dream. I have a 4x4 F150 for that.

And if it is your dream, you might be able to afford it. There aren't many buyers for a place like that.

Like I already said, it's not my dream. I respect the fact that it is yours. Neither is riding a motorcycle on the dirt my dream. I have a 4x4 F150 for that.

And if it is your dream, you might be able to afford it. There aren't many buyers for a place like that.

Sigh!.. OK, it's not your dream... I'm sorry you didn't find what I posted entertaining enough for you as it stood. It was for a lot of folks. What you do need is to lighten up, and if you want to sound off about your negative experiences in the Real Estate market, start another thread...

Sigh!.. OK, it's not your dream... I'm sorry you didn't find what I posted entertaining enough for you as it stood. It was for a lot of folks. What you do need is to lighten up, and if you want to sound off about your negative experiences in the Real Estate market, start another thread...

You just can't stand it if someone doesn't see things like you do. You must be a democrat.

You just can't stand it if someone doesn't see things like you do. You must be a democrat.

You're so intuitive....and I guess it's the reason you've had such a great success in real estate.... :whistling:

https://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/soco_real_8444.htm

BTW this exchange doesn't need to be posted here. Try PM the next time you have something to say....

I've seen this before...it is well built...and a beautiful area to live. But after 6 years of Colorado, I decided as beautiful as the state is, I didn't want to put up with the weather. Extreme temp changes within 24 hrs, snow in summer, dead cold in January...and 10 feet of snow.

I noticed the snow cat as the camera arrived at the location. That would be your transportation 7 months of the year. Nice but tiring for sure...

Thanks for sharing....it is nice to dream....

I love it and Eileen would love it even more than me. She could care less about being close to the stores. The only negative might be getting in and out during the winter but I'm sure you would lean to adapt. Looks like planting of room for all of you to camp during Maintenance Day. :)

I'll admit it something like that is my ultimate. But, since I haven't won the lottery yet It will have to remain a dream for a while longer

Your a sick puppy, Jeff.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah

I own 1/4 of a 33 acres here in West by God that could compete with the land. Some crackhead burnt the old home place that was there. My brothers and I have talked of building something but looks like we are going to run out of time before we do.

Log cabin kit ... someday? That would be a good goal for me. I hope you guys can do that...be so cool!

I bet we can all chip in to help. Good excuse for a M&G&E. I'll bring the beer. Puc can bring the hot dogs....and we won't invite Jeff....he'll bring snow.:snow:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah

Finally, someone that agrees with me.

I always thought the World would be a better place if more people agreed with me.