IGNORED

Suggestions for a kick stand that won't go down

dogman

An interesting day of riding today.

We are in Fredricton at a motel (long day) and my kick stand won't go down. It wouldn't budge even when I stood on it.

I got some help from a gentleman in the parking lot and we where able to pry it out and down.

I was on a lot of dirt and gravel roads yesterday going around the Cabot Trail if that has something to do with it.

Any suggestions of what I could do to get some miles behind us in the morning before we stop in at a shop in another city to get it looked at?

Thanks for any suggestions

If your off roading again some tomorrow, if you lube it up find a zip lock or maybe even a wal mart bag and cover the piviot point to keep trash out of it. You wil want to make sure you keep it off the pipes for sure.

A huge thank you goes out to Bert2006, who just came out to us with some WD40 and synthetic grease and it is moving better then when it was new.

He is also going to ride with us tomorrow morning and show us a nice scenic route.

Ventureriders and this forum really is amazing because of the high quality people.

Thank you Hubert.

You could have went about town and found another scoot to take home,,, but hey, it might not have had a kick stand at all, and then you might have to deal with a center stand. On second thought, couldn't you just get Bernie to hold the bike up while you get some shut-eye? I've known her to be very helpful at times,,, uhh,,most of the time,,, well honestly, I've never encountered her not to be helpful actually,,so just ask her next time,,,,, you might be surprised at her reaction...or maybe not.

A huge thank you goes out to Bert2006, who just came out with some WD40 and synthetic grease and it is moving better then when it was new.

He is also going to ride with us tomorrow morning and show us a nice scenic route.

Ventureriders and this forum really is amazing because of the high quality people.

Thank you Hubert.

It was a pleasure to help out. Got to meet a great couple, free breakfast, :cool10:great ride along the Mactaquac Headpond and when I got back I had a note saying I got a VR award in the process:cool10:. (Thanks Boss!) So great experience. I know you had a long day ahead of you and hope the weather cooperated!

Edited by Bert2006