IGNORED

Honoring our Law Enforcement members

Freebird

I would like to add a new award to honor our members who are active or retired members of law enforcement. There are just too many different divisions for me to try and select icons for police, sheriff, FBI, state, etc. So I want to come up with just ONE icon that will be generic for all law enforcement personnel. I was thinking about this one but if you have better suggestions, I'm open to discussion.

SirZq.png

Since it will reflect all LEO's, how about just a badge without the "P"?

Great idea, by the way!

The other day a Policeman stopped in front of the house, in the middle of the road, and turned his lights on, and got out of his patrol car, walked to the front of the car and picked up a baby turtle and gently placed it out of harm's way well into our front yard! (I later put it in our pond behind the house)

This is the same Policeman that will rush to your aid and take a bullet for you.

My wife was watching and tears came to her eyes!

Just like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106667[/ATTACH]

Maybe some gold and silver to that? just a thought i have a cousin who is a biker who is also law enforcement also rode in enuff police cars that generally they have gold and silver somewhere..

I'd stay away from the "Blue Lives Matter". I don't think it shows the respect that our LEO's deserve

I agree with that I am more apt to go to something that is supporting my local first responders then to a blue lives matter.... it just gets too close to other things... and dont want to sound o there is a word im looking for but cant think of it... Neosho just recently had a thing for our local police sherriff and state patrol but here to explain a little better we called it Back the Blue and here is the article on it http://www.neoshodailynews.com/article/20160718/NEWS/160719075/0/SEARCH

yes, how about a plain blue shield for police, a green shield for first aid, and a red for firefighters?

This seems to me a great idea that covers all three areas of 1st responders- as some of us are retired from law enforcement agencies and might belong to one of the other 2.

Hmmmm, actually I'm in favor or "Blue Lives Matter" but I guess there is a small degree of Political Correctness or Incorrectness to it...

So do I bongo don't want anyone thinking differently.... But its a can of worms I have already seen opened in my area.... But backing the blue got a better response... is only reason i suggested it...

Now that is awesome I love it....

Has my vote !

Question for the LEO's and other first responders....do you want to have this recognition on your profile? Some may not want others to know.

As for having the American flag...this recognition should be for first responders from any country.