IGNORED

Sturgis

Rick Haywood

I arrived at the motel in Spearfish mid Sunday afternoon driving up from Denver, CO after dropping off my wife at the airport. My son who happened to be driving from LA to NYC detoured through and we enjoyed the area until this morning. We went to Deadwood Sunday and spent several hours in Sturgis yesterday and late in the day went to Mt. Rushmore. I've never seen so many bikes. A few had big block Chevy V8s with up to 1100 claimed hp. If you saw an old guy wearing shorts and a cowboy hat (I had vacationed in Wyoming for a week and just had to buy a Cowboy Hat!) walking around with a tall longhaired young man, that might have been me. When I first got to Sturgis, I mistakenly drove through the middle in my F150. I didn't think I was going to make it through with the bikes parked so close to the street. I looked and looked for Ventures but only spied one blue 2007 and the rider wasn't a member. I also saw a Yamaha scooter and a road star. This was my first time to Sturgis and I didn't have my bike with me.:crying:

I did enjoy looking at the young ladies who were showing their stuff!! If yah got it, flaunt it is my philosophy!

My Garmin directed me through the hills coming in and I passed a motorcycle wreck. My son said the motel desk clerk told him when he checked in Saturday that already three bikers had died in accidents at that time.