IGNORED

Flag Pole Size:

Rob Swallows

I went to order a couple of "Show Chrome" brand flag poles as per "Freedbird's" suggestion, but I see there is both .375", and .500" diameter poles offered. Anybody had problems with the smaller diameter poles? I see much better flag availability in the smaller size but custom flags can be either size. I would assume larger flags can be flown from the larger pole size? I'm wondering about the mount spinning on it's axis with a larger flag.

Thanks,

Rob

I have three flag poles on my trunk rack and they are the .375 dia. never a problem. With a larger flag it will put more stress on what ever you mount it to.

Thanks for your response. Are yours the same, (Show Chrome) brand? I've never had one in the past so no experience but wanting to run two, or three flags on my truck rack also which is factory Yamaha with the "Star" emblem in the center.

I ended up mounting a couple of folding flag mounts on my saddlebag rails. I wanted them mounted on something that is not mounted to the plastic (like my trunk rack). They are not that high, but they won't cause any hairline cracks, either. They do fold out of the way if I need more access to the bags, although they have enough clearance for most stuff I load, since the first gens don't have hinges on the lids.

They were $25 on ebay.

Flag Mount 2.jpg

Edited by Karaboo
typo

• 5 years later...
On 10/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, Horipodom said:

Personally, I didn't have this problem, and I wouldn't advise you to get hung up on just one brand, it's not the only company that specializes in motorcycle аccessories.

If I were you, I wouldn't install the 375 and 500 diameter - too bulky ones. Better to take the ones that fit the car, strange though it might sound. By the by, if anyone is interested - I installed an additional flag pole light on my car. Great stuff. Makes for good illumination, and the flag itself looks more presentable. It’s certainly not a thing of prime necessity but I’d still recommend it. Do you guys put up any sort of illumination on your flag?