IGNORED

Mirrors?

Freebird

So have any of you changed the mirrors on your RSV? I had Harley Davidson Split Vision mirrors on the Road Glide and liked them pretty well. The first set that I bought were defective though and some of the chrome started flaking of the right one. I replaced them but still had the old defective ones here in the garage so decided to see how they would work on the RSV. I like them. I had an old set of adapters here but they are black and I've ordered a set of chrome or stainless ones from KuryAkyn. I have them installed with the old adapters for now.

The problem is, as you can see from the pictures, they have Harley Davidson stamped on the back side. So I am trying to find a set similar without the HD on them. I've found a couple of versions on Ebay but the reviews on them are not very good. There is a company V_Twin manufacturing that make some that look pretty much identical but without the stamping. After looking at the specs though, they appear to be considerably smaller. I don't want smaller.

If you have swapped your mirrors, what did you go with?

IMG_0516.jpg IMG_0517.jpg IMG_0518.jpg IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.jpg

Edited by Freebird

Make up some stickers that say "Wannabe" and place under the Harley logo...

Actually Don, the stock mirrors were one of the first to go when I bought the '09. Couldn't see crap out of 'em! My choice was some large sort of rounded out rectangles aftermarket mirrors off Fleabay for around $30 if I remember correctly. They aren't a huge fashion statement but not fugly either but the main part is I can see clearly now...

Since the Hardly logo is stamped in just fill it with some body filler and paint them black to match the adapters and the rest of the bike. It will also give you that much less chrome to polish every day.

Paint CHROME? That's blasphemous. :scared:

That was my thinking, and you don't have to paint the entire mirror, just the portion that sez Harley.... I think it would look cool... Maybe use the same stuff you painted the wind deflectors with?? The only problem I can see is how well the chrome surface will adhere to the Bondo and paint??

I went to Walmart, rv section, they sell a plastic offset little round convex mirror with tape back to stick on the edge of your mirror. it rotates to adjust the angle you prefer. All for less than $5. It did eliminate the blind spots.

Bill

Ps I got the idea on this forum many years ago:)