• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like one. How do you send payment through paypal like this though?

Thanks for putting this together.

Hi Pete, You'll need to log in on www.Paypal.com and follow the instructions posted a couple messages above. If you've never used Paypal before you'll have to register and then submit the payment. Any trouble send me a PM and I'll get you taken care of. :)

Guest sb2007

Condor and Venturerider.org members,

The fork brace for this Group Buy is not SuperBrace and is a mere knockoff. Our fork stabilizers are a patented product by SuperBrace,inc. Condor and his affiliates are seriously violating the patent which SuperBrace owns. SuperBrace takes patent infringement very serious and will take legal action.

For the original Venture SuperBrace #1100, visit www.superbrace.com .

Ride Safe,

SuperBrace – the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer

www.superbrace.com

Condor and Venturerider.org members,

The fork brace for this Group Buy is not SuperBrace and is a mere knockoff. Our fork stabilizers are a patented product by SuperBrace,inc. Condor and his affiliates are seriously violating the patent which SuperBrace owns. SuperBrace takes patent infringement very serious and will take legal action.

For the original Venture SuperBrace #1100, visit www.superbrace.com .

Ride Safe,

SuperBrace – the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer

www.superbrace.com

I can appreciate you coming on and informing us about the legality of all this. Unless I'm mistaken a patent is good for 7 years, how long has the superbrace been made, and is the unit we are buying an exact replica? Your issue would be with the mfgr of this and not directly with us.

I am open for dialog and feel free to privately PM myself about this issue.

Guest sb2007

squidley,

The fork brace being offered is a definate copy all the way down to our exact hardware and the only thing missing is our logo. Our post is simply to clear up any confusion and remind your members that they're not buyng a SuperBrace but a mere knockoff.

SuperBrace, inc.

www.superbrace.com

i wish you would check the patent laws and stop trying to scare everybody , if you check with your legal dept. before posting here you would know better . to break a patent law i would to copy your idem not make something that doe's the same thing as yours doe's ie tires , jacks , trailers , and many other thing on todays market .

Condor and everybody else please don't let this guy scare you into not make this order , my order still stands , as soon as i get home i will send in a paypal and i want the black one .

Thom440

i just compared the pic's and it is not the same thing , yes it has 4 bolts and 4 holes and made out of alum.

do you guys hold the patent on all fork braces , nobody can make a fork brace but you ?

by buying 1 from condor i saved over a 100.00 bucks and it don't have a dog bone cut in the the top and it is made heavier .

thanks condor for finding us a better fork brace .

Thom440

OK, I just got off the phone with the manufacturer of the fork brace, and he's never been aware of, or been notified of any patent infringment by Super Brace in the past.

The threat of legal action is taken very seriously, and from what I can gather from sb2007's second post, it seems he was just trying to 'simply to clear up any confusion and remind your members that they're not buyng a SuperBrace but a mere knockoff.' (sic)

Since sb2007 didn't include any information about himself, or herself, in the CP file I can't even determine that indeed he is actually affiliated with Super Brace. If sb2007 would kindly add his name and some sort of contact information other than the linked SB website, I'd welcome a person to person chat to see where we've actually violated any laws. If we have then we will by all means discontinue any further activity.

I can understand Super Brace wanting to stiffle any competition but to do it in a threating manner doesn't help with customer relations, or future referals.

Guest sb2007

Condor,

Yes, we're an American manufacturer that works very hard to support the biker community through advertising, event sponsorships and donations. We also believe in group buys as we've had numerous in the past for alot of different bikes.

My contact info is 800-322-4783 and looking forward to speaking with you,

Scott Edwards - owner

SuperBrace, inc

www.superbrace.com

It was pretty clear to me from the very start that I was buying an aftermarket aluminum fork brace not a "SuperBrace". I've compared both and besides the 4 holes they look quite a bit different. No way I would ever confuse the two. Condor is simply aggregating a group buy order. It has absolutely nothing to do with patent infringement. If SuperBrace thinks they have a infringement then they need to take that issue up with the manufacturer not Condor.

Instead of making ridiculus and unfounded accusations, SB2007 (if he/she really represents SuperBrace) needs to read between the lines and listen to what 45-50 bike owners are saying. The SuperBrace is overpriced!

Thanks Condor for doing this for us. My PayPal payment will be on the way shortly.

Hey folks...let's not get all worked up over this. I'm sure that Condor is in touch already with SuperBrace. If they are interested in working out something then that is fine, if not, then I'm sure the deal will go on as stated. I have sent Superbrace an email and though I won't get into the details of it at this time, I really don't expect there to be any major issue. So please, for now let's just get back to our regularly scheduled program. :)

raised Hands and enlisted in Order of Appearance:

1. Condor

2. Condor

3. Squeeze

4. Rocket

5. squidley

6. lonestarmedic

7. Ken8143

8. DANJ

9. esaffley

10. nyjerry

11. nyjerry

12. BJBoomer

13. helomech

14. Snaggletooth

15. jdross440

16. HPG

17. Midicat

18. Dokon

19. Ballgoof

20. rumn1

21. scubabill

22. friesman1

23. run n bare

24. Marcarl

25. PRAIRIECOOT

26. kort53

27. Danob11

28. TupperJ

29. TupperJ

30. bobcat

31. windrider1983

32. Skid

33. Flyinfool

34. Javarow

35. fawnpugsx2

36. junger

37. cmiles3

38. mtrcycllvr

39. bongobobny

40. thom440

41. Mark Maurer

42. DevilDog

43. noworriespete

44. Reluctantelf

I haven't gotten one before because I could not justify the 150 dollars for something that costs a third of that to manufacture. I'm sure they make a fine product, but I don't buy gold or platinum when steel will do the job it's intended to do. Thanks Condor, we appreciate ALL your hard work to save us all a ton of money (now we can buy the pretty goodies!)

Thanks again,

Dan

PS--- if Squeeze is gonna buy one, I'm not one to go against him!!!

I have a fork brace on my 86 that looks similar to the one you guys are buying. Can't imagine buying one with a stamped insignia on it. But that's not here or there.

You are doing all of the guys a great service Condor!

I'm just about to hook up a bridgeport mill in my garage and I'll make whatever I feel like once it's hooked up.

So, what's with the threats? I'm sure that I'll be meeting SB at a meet and eat sometime. Ya right--------

Good job, Condor.

Steve