• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Condor,

The brace you are looking at appears to pretty much be an exact copy of the latest of the 1st Gen Super Brace. In fact I bought one of their first ones for my 86, which at that time was about 1 1/2" thick. Later they must have realized that they had over engineered it and made it thinner. For those don't know the history of the Venture and the Super Brace, this was one of the best additions for your bike to affect handling. Even though the Ventures already had a decent for brace, it didn't compare to the Super Brace which was a precise fit and really made the forks feel solid.

So I think what you are doing is a geat deal for those who don't already have one of these braces or are not aware of what they do for the bikes handling.

The only thing I would be concerend about is, does this person know that the fork diameter changed in 1990 when Yamaha went with the rubber fork boots. When I move the brace from my 86 to my new 91, I had to relieve the circumference a bit so it would slip down past the rubber boots. However it might be that most of the owners of these 90-93 Ventures have taken off these boots and opted for another option for deflecting bugs and dirt from the fork lowers.

And as far as the issue with the recessed hole being a water trap, a chrome or nickle hole plug (the diameter of the resession) with a little clear silicon hole on it makes for a nice looking water-proof cover.

Good work,

Rick

raised Hands and enlisted in Order of Appearance:

1. Condor

2. Condor

3. Squeeze

4. Rocket

5. squidley

6. lonestarmedic

7. Ken8143

8. DANJ

9. esaffley

10. nyjerry

11. nyjerry

12. BJBoomer

13. helomech

14. friesman1

Oh Condor,

Like Don mentioned, the Royal Stars do not have a fork brace and really don't need one because of the heavy metal fender and the larger diameter forks. Besides there is not a feasable place to mount one because of the lower fork covers.

Rick

Condor,

The brace you are looking at appears to pretty much be an exact copy of the latest of the 1st Gen Super Brace. In fact I bought one of their first ones for my 86, which at that time was about 1 1/2" thick. Later they must have realized that they had over engineered it and made it thinner. For those don't know the history of the Venture and the Super Brace, this was one of the best additions for your bike to affect handling. Even though the Ventures already had a decent for brace, it didn't compare to the Super Brace which was a precise fit and really made the forks feel solid.

So I think what you are doing is a geat deal for those who don't already have one of these braces or are not aware of what they do for the bikes handling.

The only thing I would be concerend about is, does this person know that the fork diameter changed in 1990 when Yamaha went with the rubber fork boots. When I move the brace from my 86 to my new 91, I had to relieve the circumference a bit so it would slip down past the rubber boots. However it might be that most of the owners of these 90-93 Ventures have taken off these boots and opted for another option for deflecting bugs and dirt from the fork lowers.

And as far as the issue with the recessed hole being a water trap, a chrome or nickle hole plug (the diameter of the resession) with a little clear silicon hole on it makes for a nice looking water-proof cover.

Good work,

Rick

Thanks for the insight Rick. I think by now most of the fork covers have disintigrated on the 90-93's. I have a set of really neat fork covers on the '91 that Black Owl made for me. Super Brace has the same part number for all the 1stGen years, so I think they presumed the fork covers had become toast too. I've run into a plastic plug somewhere?? that would also make a great rain water protector. Jack

1. Condor

2. Condor

3. Squeeze

4. Rocket

5. squidley

6. lonestarmedic

7. Ken8143

8. DANJ

9. esaffley

10. nyjerry

11. nyjerry

12. BJBoomer

13. helomech

14. Snaggletooth

15. jdross440

16. HPG

17. Midicat

18. Dokon

19. Ballgoof

20. rumn1

21. scubabill

22. friesman1

now Jack .. you got me in and counting

1. Condor

2. Condor

3. Squeeze

4. Rocket

5. squidley

6. lonestarmedic

7. Ken8143

8. DANJ

9. esaffley

10. nyjerry

11. nyjerry

12. BJBoomer

13. helomech

14. Snaggletooth

15. jdross440

16. HPG

17. Midicat

18. Dokon

19. Ballgoof

20. rumn1

21. scubabill

22. friesman1

23. run n bare

24. Marcarl

I like the black one, if it's not an imposition I would want a black one. If it's a PIA then I'll just go with what is easier. Thanks Jack for stepping up to the plate on this, I know I appreciate all you go through to make this happen for us

:happy34:

I like the black one, if it's not an imposition I would want a black one. If it's a PIA then I'll just go with what is easier. Thanks Jack for stepping up to the plate on this, I know I appreciate all you go through to make this happen for us

:happy34:

I'll be getting back to all of those on the list with all the payment details and color choice Brad. I like the black one too. The '91 already has a bare aluminum on it, and it's coming off in lieu of the black. The '83 and the '87 are running bare.....:rotf:

17 more for the $50 dollar level.... :thumbsup2: Think we can make it?

If it is better or cheaper to ship more than one in a package, we have a Meet & Greet here at the end of May and if that suits everyone, we could have them all shipped here and maybe put on the same day.

If all works out, it could be done Carl. It would be up to you to figure out who's doing the M&E, and are on the list. Any money saved on shipping this way would have to be refunded after the fact because of the prepay. I don't want to get into a logistics problem, but just let me know and I'll try my best to get'r done.....

What is the advantage of the brace over the stock? mine dosent seem to have any wobble sway ect.

Just to make it short and sweet I gleaned this off the Super Brace site.

reduces speed wobbles, fork flex, front tire wear and rain groove sensitivity while dramatically improving overall handling and front-end stability.