IGNORED

Flanders vs. RSTD handlebars

My recent 270 mile ride on the '05 RSV reminded me of the should pain that I always got on the '99 before installing the Flanders bars. It is something that I'll have to deal with pretty soon.

There have been reports here that the OEM bars from the RSTD work very well on the RSV. Can anybody tell me how they differ from the Flanders bars that are offered for the RSV? Height, width, pullback?

Also, are the OEM throttle cables longer than the RSV cables? I know that some folks make the OEM RSV throttle cables work on the Flanders bars but on the '99 I bought some that were 2" longer and prefer to do that.

Only thing I can comment on is the cables. Yes stock length RSTD cables are 2 - 3" longer than the stock length RSV cables. I used stock RSTD cables when I went to a different handlebar setup and they are definitely longer.

i have flanders bars on the trike and love them, a bit wider and more pull back with a slightly different grip angle. I tried some RSTD bars on my RSV and found they are wide enough to put your hands out in the wind and rain so i took them off. Riding in low 40's and below got my hands cold quickly. Other than that they were not bad , wider and taller than the flanders bars.

Thanks. That was the information that I was looking for. I had the Flanders on the '99 and liked them. It's just that I had read that the OEM RSTD bars would do the same thing and you can pick them up for much less money. I have a set of RSTD bars on the way already so will give them a try first.

Thanks. That was the information that I was looking for. I had the Flanders on the '99 and liked them. It's just that I had read that the OEM RSTD bars would do the same thing and you can pick them up for much less money. I have a set of RSTD bars on the way already so will give them a try first.

The RSTD cables will work with either the RSTD or Flanders bars. Didn't know you were looking or I'd have brought the RSTD bars to MD.