On my 83, to manually cancel the signal lights, I have to push down on the button. On Squidleys 86 that I rode, to manually cancel, I pushed the button in. This was the same as my 79 850 Special I had before the Venture. I like the push style much better. I did not remember to look closely at squid's bike to see if it is the same basic set up as my Standard 83 with his being a Royale. I know there is more controls above it that I don't have, but I forgot to look at how they attached.

When was the changeover on this and what will fit mine with the "push in cancel"?

My auto cancel works, sometimes I like to cancel quicker.

RandyA

Randy....I have an 86 that I bought in 92. It replaced a 83 that I bought new. Both standards.....I'm pretty sure the signal manual cancel was the same on my 83 as my 86, by pushing in. My 83 shop manual says push in to cancel manually.

If you go to replace it...you probably want to stay with a standard so there is no push to talk trigger on the backside. 84 and 85 went to a different choke pulloff that was around the handlebar rather than under the switch...in 86 they returned to the same style as the 83. So I'd look for an 83,86-88 standard Venture.

Randy....I have an 86 that I bought in 92. It replaced a 83 that I bought new. Both standards.....I'm pretty sure the signal manual cancel was the same on my 83 as my 86, by pushing in. My 83 shop manual says push in to cancel manually.

If you go to replace it...you probably want to stay with a standard so there is no push to talk trigger on the backside. 84 and 85 went to a different choke pulloff that was around the handlebar rather than under the switch...in 86 they returned to the same style as the 83. So I'd look for an 83,86-88 standard Venture.

Thanks Neil, that is the info I am looking for. I have an 83 Owner's Manual, I think I will see what it says. Maybe only a few of them got the push down version and I am interested if anyone else will note if they have the push down version?

RandyA

Thanks Neil, that is the info I am looking for. I have an 83 Owner's Manual, I think I will see what it says. Maybe only a few of them got the push down version and I am interested if anyone else will note if they have the push down version?

RandyA

Mine is the push down type

Mine is push in. I dunno about the around the handle bar choke thing but mine is below the switch. AND, now i know what that button is for on the backside of some of what have been seeing. I do not have that button. I have been looking for controls because all my lettering is gone. Guess I been cleaning more than riding, lol.

There were 2 styles of choke levers on the 1st gens. 1 was around the handlebar and you twisted it to engage it. The 2nd was under the the left handlebar assy that you slid right or left. As far as I can remember the Ventures that I had were the button push style for the signals.

I remember the choke thing being different Brad. Your gold one was the twist throttle.

Randy, what does the dash look like. I remember seeing a picture of the dash being opposite to my 86. My 86 had the clock buttons at the bottom but I saw a photo of the buttons on the top.

Just curious if you push down was common with the different dashs.

Brad