IGNORED

Above Ground Swimming Pool ?

GolfVenture

I'm thinking about putting in one of those Costco above ground Swimming Pool. It is 18' by 9' by 4'.

I have a really nice level spot to put it. Put up an 8 ft fence and then later a deck around it.

Was wondering what is recommended to use under pool.

Also I was told that Sea Salt system is nice but that one needs to maintain the chemicals dilligently for if off balance then corrision builds up.

Any personal experience and recommendations.

I think we put about 3-4 inches of sand below our pool. Some people also use a foam base under the liner. As far as pool chemical system we use the perma salt system from Family Leisure pool store. It has been one of the easiest systems we have had to keep the pool clean and clear. Not much work in my opinion to keep it running proably a little more expensive but I have not had one problem with it. Joe

We had a 17 x 29 "Splash" brand with a deck built around it. We left it at old house when we sold it, it helped sell the old house. I built up the spot with dirt making sure that there was no debris or small stones in it etc. Then I used a 1 /8th inch thick foam pad that came with it as an underlayment. It work well enough. I had heard that if you use sand, kids jumping around etc. can push sand to edges and leave an uneven floor/bottom, which is no big deal unless you use an automatic pool cleaner which can get hung up on an uneven bottom.

As far as chemical, we used chlorine. a puc or 2 in the skimmer (16000 gallon pool) and then we used a product called EZ Pool. It was easy to use. So many scoops per thousand gallons, once per week. At first we used the test strips and all that, but once we got the routine down we tested less and less. After awhile we never had to test because we knew what it would show. Its been 3 years since we moved and I'm not sure if they make the EZ Pool anymore, but there must be another product like that. EZ Pool is all your other chemicals all in one.....

I got a river you can still swim in plus a above ground pool I've never filled!! Gonna be fun!!:bang head::Avatars_Gee_George:

I was heading back home after a ride yesterday and found a nice spot on the river with sand beaches and no maintenance. It's just a few miles from the house. Nice cool water swimming hole it was a real pretty spot so I spent about hour cooling off in the water. Did I mention no maintenance. I don't think I'll be putting in a pool anytime soon.

We have a above ground 18' round. You will find the more its used the easier it is to keep clean.

For the ones with the rivers. Look up stream before you get in. One movie i watched the cowboys got a drink from the river. Must be cattle up stream

I would use nothing but chlorine. Anything you use is a bit of a pita but chlorine is proven over and over to be the best product. I do liquid injection of chlorine on some of my commercial pools and that is by far the easiest but that costs $$$$$. For home pools I still recommend liquid, buy it a commercial janitorial suply place. 12% is a standard strength and you will learn with time how much effect the doseing takes.

I was heading back home after a ride yesterday and found a nice spot on the river with sand beaches and no maintenance. It's just a few miles from the house. Nice cool water swimming hole it was a real pretty spot so I spent about hour cooling off in the water. Did I mention no maintenance. I don't think I'll be putting in a pool anytime soon.

Got the pool in a deal Bob. I've never filled it. We have a river in the backyard and several lakes within a short drive with swimming areas. Gonna do a little more this summer if I can get my list caught up!!