IGNORED

Hannigan Trike Rear Brake Question

Zzyzx

Anyone with an RSV Hannigan trike kit know the automotive cross reference parts for the rear brakes?

My buddy just picked up a 2009 and we are having a hard time finding the "EBC" brakes.

California Side Cars gave us the part number but the local bike shop cannot get them here for some reason.

The EBC number they gave us was; 15-266H

I heard there is a brake for a car that works so if anyone know the number or reference for sure and wants to share the info I would be greatful.

Thanks in advance...Z

FA-266HH is what I have for the new style . Does the trike Have brakes that look like this ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105687[/ATTACH]

New style

Or like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105689[/ATTACH]

Old style

Read http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?67621-Hannigan-Brake-Pads-(Part-Number)&highlight=brakes

His is the new style. Tried to find pads today with no luck The last thing we were told what the FA 266HH was the corrent ones but no dealer in the area has them so...Ordered a set and will have to wait and see.

Thanks Much

Hi, I have a 2007 Hannigan RSV just put rear brakes on it. used the EBC FA 266HH the rotors and calipers are Brembo rest of brake parts are off a honda crx from 84-87.

Craig

Thanks for the info.

Got the FA's on order and will not be here until Tuesday....Hopefully

Yup! Ducatti "Monster" etc calipers and pads...

I didn't like the lack of stopping power so I switched to Honda CRX calipers and powered them with a trimmed down Wilwood 13/16 Master cylinder adapted to a modified RSV brake pedal assembly via a special plate I fabricated...

Thje 13/16 seemed to work best, the 3/4 made for just a little too sensitive pedal, and the 1 inch had no travel and you had to push REALLY hard on the pedal to stop...

A little followup.

We stopped by Oh-Really's yesterday to inquire about the CR-X pads and the braineack behind the counter said Honda didn't make a CR-X in 84-87 and even checked his dumbputer which showed the CR-X starting in 97, something was wrong.

Did not want to be a jerk about it so I suggested he might want to have their computer updated since it might be loaded with incorrect data.

We decided it was better to just have the local power sport dealer order the correct pads and install them next week.

Sorry to say but most (NOT ALL) employees of those big box parts stores know no more about a car than their computer will tell them :confused07:.

If you really wanted to mess with their heads, just tell them you want Honda car brake pads to fit your Yamaha motorcycle , blue smoke will come streaming form their ears within seconds ! :starz:

Actually, the Honda pads won't work, its only the hub assembly and stub shaft that are Honda. The rotors and caliper mount bracket are a 1 off product made for Hannigan, as well as the half shafts from the pumpkin to the hub.

The differential is from a T-Bird. Be sure to check the bolts from the driveshaft to the differential pinion flange, they are known to loosen themselves and disappear.

Ed, the calipers are NOT Honda CRX, just the spindles!! The rotors are custom made for Hannigan and the Calipers are Bembro the same calipers as used on the Ducatti Monster, and are mounted to the stock CRX spindles with special made brackets! Brake pads for the CRX, which by the way include 3 separate styles, will not fit...

Forgot to mention with my conversion from the stock Hannigan setup I also had to replace the rotors to CRX but used aftermarket EBC,s that are slotted and cross drilled. I was one of the victims of their "wrong brake pad/rotor combinations" that burned out the pads and scored the rotors within about 500 miles or less!! Even though they replaced my rotors for free, and I found my replacement pads at our local KLM/Ducatti dealer I still was not pleased at all with the performance so I took matters in my own hands! A year or so later Hannigan came up with their own slotted rotors and pad combination that they now use, which most owners are happy with...