IGNORED

Talk about CURVES

Eck

Wife and I took this route from Crescent City CA to Red Bluff Ca. https://goo.gl/maps/dTbHKWSaAQ22

On the way, after we went through the redwoods we took an old back road called "BALD HILLS ROAD" (see attached link).

Before you get to where you are just south of Martins Ferry going to Weitchpec ........MAN THE CURVES!!!!!!!!!!!

I would NOT take my wing on Bald Hills Road. It starts off being a paved road through the redwoods / forest and then after about 15 miles, it turns into a dirt road which extends aprox 8-10 miles or so, then it becomes paved just in time for the most curves I have ever seen on any one road including tail of the dragon. This road puts the Tail of Dragon to shame when it comes to curves. I turned on my cell phone to video and let it run for a long length of time. I just tried to download this video on my FB page 3 times and it kicks it off. It wont load up for me.

Anyway, I can tell you that my arms and shoulders & neck are sore as heck from turning the steering wheel so many times today. One turn in particular, I turned the steering wheel three revolutions in one direction just to get around the curve. I had to stop and back up just a little to make the turn. I don't know what they call a curve that is tighter than a hair pin curve, but I could see the back of my head I think as we went around it.

What were you driving, your truck?

Yes @Venturous Randy, Konnie and I are in our Avalanche. I never thought I would ever take this truck on such roads, but we just couldn't resist.. We just went slow over the dirt section and it wasn't bad at all really. No wash tub bumps on it and it was fairly smoothe for a dirt road and I suspect that is because it is not heavily traveled by many. I mentioned that I would not take my wing on this road because the wing was not made for such type roads, but if I was on my wing, I probably still would have taken it. A dual sport bike would be the right choice as @ragtop69qs mentioned above.

You are livin the dream buddy! Enjoy it!!

That we are my friend. I must say though, now that we have gone close to 5k miles (so far), and faired all kinds of weather from snow, ice, rain, etc., I told Konnie yesterday that I have to admit I am glad we took the Avalanche. This would be one challenging ride on a bike, but I would love to do it one day if possible. I just don't know if I could afford another trip like this one..

This Motel living every day adds up..:mo money:

OUTSTANDING ECKSTER AND KONNIE - SOUNDS LIKE YOU TWO ARE HAVING A BALL!!!!!:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup:

Wish Tip and I were out there chasing the front wheel - we'd hook up with the two of you and have a Hot Dog with ya's!! You folks are definitely living the dream of all us road warriors sitting at home playing on our computers - looking forward to your next installment and, :fingers-crossed-emo,, that that one will have a few :photographing:'s for us to druel over :missingtooth:

Drive safe, have fun and keep your eyes peeled for any of those ice cream snitching lop eared varmint Californian brothers and sisters of ours out there - their a little crazy but they are really good people:thumbsup:

You folks are definitely living the dream of all us road warriors sitting at home playing on our computers - looking forward to your next installment and, :fingers-crossed-emo,, that that one will have a few :photographing:'s for us to druel over :missingtooth:

@cowpuc, you can see all the pics & vids I posted on my Facebook page,. That is where I have been posting daily photos and videos of our trip. :happy34: