IGNORED

It can happen in the blink of an eye. Be Carefull Out There!

Zzyzx

HOKEY SPAMOKEY - THAT COULD HAVE ENDED REALLY REALLY BAD - MUCH WORSE THAN IT WAS!!:scared: Good thing that Semi Tractor driver had his thinking cap on :scared:... Driving bobtail like he was,,,,,,,, those Tractors are SQUIRRELY - that guy should be given a medal!!:thumbsup:

I had a friend who had something similar to that happen to him on one of our local back roads.. A deer came out of a ditch and ran into the side of his scoot, the impact drove my buddy into the other lane and he was killed by an oncoming car - instantly no longer with us:95:

Yea Zzzzz,, THAT could have been really really horrible!! The domino effect is another killer..... Hope both those bikers are ok and are getting their scoots back together... Crazy stuff,, just crazy!

The most I have ever been hurt on a motorcycle in my life was hitting a dog when I was about 15. I was doing about 40mph and had a dog run out in front of me from behind a hedgerow in a curve. I did not see him until he was there. He actually knocked the motorcycle out from under me. I was doubling another guy and we were both skinned all over.

Yep, this one could have been a lot worse. Did anyone see what happened to the dog?

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy

The worst I have ever been hurt on a motorcycle in my life was hitting a dog when I was about 15. I was doing about 40mph and had a dog run out in front of me from behind a hedgerow in a curve. I did not see him until he was there. He actually knocked the motorcycle out from under me. I was doubling another guy and we were both skinned all over.

Yep, this one could have been a lot worse. Did anyone see what happened to the dog?

Randy

By the way he was hit midship and spinning down the road on his side like that I highly doubt he made it Randy.. Looked to me like he ended up in the ditch on the other side of the road.. I am still in just plain shock at the skills of the Truck Driver.. Those Semi Tractor are KNOWN to be instant flippers when bob tailing - almost dangerously short and with no weight on the back of em,,,, man that was close!!

I had a dog come out from behind some bushes on my old CX650 that I had just replaced the front tire that afternoon! I swerved, but due to the oily new tire the front tire just kicked out sending me straight to the ground! Broke 3 ribs and suffered a rotator cuff injury. Managed to drive home but then had wife drive me to the hospital. Came home and stayed in the fetal position on the couch for days..

I had a dog come out from behind some bushes on my old CX650 that I had just replaced the front tire that afternoon! I swerved, but due to the oily new tire the front tire just kicked out sending me straight to the ground! Broke 3 ribs and suffered a rotator cuff injury. Managed to drive home but then had wife drive me to the hospital. Came home and stayed in the fetal position on the couch for days..
:95:

Know how ya feel Bongo!!

My worse one ever was coming off a jump on a motocross cross track, cleared the tabletop off the ramp - tapped the pedal to level the bike, over jumped the landing ramp on the other side of the table top, brought the front in down to far - not enough time left to hit the gas and lift the front end - took the nose dive - wadded the forks and face planted with a 265 pound KX500 on top of me - man did I see stars (and they weren't movie stars).. No dogs or Semi's were involved in that mess but I did say "DOG GONE IT" enough times that I am sure people thought a whole pack of dogs were involved and I felt like I got hit by a truck for DAYS afterwards!!

Many years ago while driving on a country lane outside of Susanville Ca. I had a dog do just that. Came out of a drainage ditch and attacked my right front tire. 3/4 ton truck with an 11' camper won...

The real scary part of that video. Did you notice that semi tractor rig lock 'm up to avoid running over the guy when he landed in on-coming traffic? It coulda been a lot worse...

That sure could have been worse. I tried that t-bone the dog thing back in the eighties. Going about 40mph, he came from nowhere. I went over the handlebars and bounced down the street a bit spraining my wrist and ruining a good full face helmet. The wife, not so lucky. She stayed with the bike with her leg trapped between the pavement and the muffler. She suffered a third degree burn the size of a football. A long painful recovery. I begged her not to wear shorts. That could be why she has lost her enthusiasm with respect to motorcycling.

I was glad to see all was ok with that, I seen that posted on FB, I feel sorry for the dog, I love dogs and all animals.

Now to add a little humor to this. When I was about 13 my dad had a BMW R75/5 he made it a dresser, bagger in todays terms. I use to love riding with him, not sure where I caught the bug to have a bagger bike. Ok back on track, we were riding home from somewhere my dad was 6' tall probably weighed 400 lbs, with a flattop haircut. He looked like a brick sh*t house with a head on it. I was probably 100 lbs. Well we are cursing about 35-40 MPH on a side street by our house. Well this elderly woman that lived in this nice house had tiny Chihuahua dogs. Well one of them got out of the fence and run right in front of the motorcycle my dad hit the breaks and stopped right on top of that dog, we slid about 20 feet with that dog under the front wheel of the motorcycle. Even though it felt like we were on ice, my dad managed to keep the bike upright. when we stopped there was that woman in her house coat screaming at my dad and when he got off hitting him. My dad was one that could explode at the littlest thing, he actually handled the situation well. After getting of the bike he pealed the dog off the road, and buried it for the woman and offered to pay for it. I know money does not heal but he went back a couple times to try to make it right, even though probably more her fault for letting the dog out of the back yard.

The sick side of me still laughs every time I think of that story