IGNORED

Took the 83-vr out today for 130 test ride

Zzyzx

Finely got the 83-VR project bike together enough to take her out for a shakedown ride today.

She has new brake pads and tires, all new fluids, and filters.

Got the braking and electrical systems repaired and checked out and everything worked fine including the "CLASS" air ride system, all lights, etc.

Will have to take the speedo out and lube/repair it as it makes a lot of noise once we hit 40mph.

Road 130 miles today around a lot of twisty turns and mountain back roads as well as some 25 miles at highway speed and she handled great. Averaged right at 44mpg so I guess the carbs are adjusted just about right.

Next thing to do is apply some paint and polish some more of the aluminum.

Here are a few pictures of where she is so far. More pictures will come after paint and polish.

83-VR-1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On:

She's a beauty my brother,,, ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I LOVE the Blonde MK1 Venture Royales,, just gorgeous... Strange ain't it,,, after all these years and after all the major manufactures have done everything they can do to improve - add bling - reconfigure and on and on,, I still get all :178::178::178: and :680: every time I am blessed enough to get to see one of early Blondes in all their glory..

Thanks for the pics Zzz,, made my day!!:thumbsup:

Better do that speedo soon. It won't last long once it starts making noise. Good thing is Yamaha don't overcharge for them or didn't a couple years ago when I got my last one. I got a set of those Jardines. They sound very good.

Disconnected the speedo so it didn't come apart on the road. Hoping its just a little lube and maybe a gear adjustment.

May start looking for a replacement now just in case.