IGNORED

Positives at work

Doug royal86

We had a new CEO brought in one time. He remarked to me that he had never seen a company that hated its employees the way this one did. We also had one manager for every five employees. Human resources was better known as inhuman resources.

"WHEN I WAS A WORKING MAN"

One time my boss asked me to go to Dallas, TX.

I asked him for how long?

He said two weeks.

6 1/2 months later, I am being paged to pick up the nearest phone. I answer the phone and behold, it is my boss.

All he said was: I need a favor? I said name it. He said: I need you in Long Beach CA., tomorrow morning at this address. I said consider it done.

7/12 months later I get a call from my boss..

He say's: Hey, I remember the name but forgot the face, we need to have a meeting back here in Savannah.

I said: ok and he hung up..

Next day I'm in Savannah, in his office. He says I need you in Miami, FL. today, I have a plane waiting for you.

I asked: For how long?

He said two weeks..

I laughed and of I went.

This is how he and I worked for all the years I worked for him.

A Great guy, and the BEST boss any man could ever have!

Kent Wadley was his name - Gulfstream Aerospace. Kent has since passed.

I had a few good bosses and more than a few bad ones. I very rarely had a supervisor, someone who actually kept up with the job. They seemed to go to meetings and stick to something other than communicating with the employees. Mostly they let me alone and I did my job. Working temporary contracts for 2 decades caused me to meet a few choice ones.