IGNORED

Some good news for a change.....

Flyinfool

• 2 weeks later...

Wen to the doc today for the final sign off on my foot. She said that she has never had a patient heal as fast as I did. She said everything looks good. It will still take some time to get everything stretched out and back up to speed. I am still scheduled for more PT till April 6. I am hoping that by then It will be strong enough to move the bike around and get it up on the center stand. If I can get on the center stand and get the bike out of the shed then I am strong enough to ride it to.

• 4 weeks later...

I DID IT!!!! I DID IT!!!!

Today I went out to the shed and got the bike up on the center stand and onto the center stand dolly with no real difficulty. This has been my projected litmus test as to when I am ready to ride. My PT has agreed that if I can lift the beast onto the center stand that I am strong enough to ride it. I have my last PT visit on April 6 so I will see what she has to say. On her leg press machine I am able to lift 350 lbs (machine max) with either leg.

Now I can start working on getting the bike ready to go...........

LOOK OUT, Trouble is comin..................

• 3 weeks later...

Another milestone hit.

Trouble is a comin now.

Got the needed work done on the bike and burned off a full tank of gas today.

Foot was a bit sore but not bad and felt fine again after a couple of hours rest.

The hard part is pushing the bike backwards about 20 feet uphill and over a threshold to get it out of the shed that it lives in. That is a lot of stress on the foot.

The hard part is pushing the bike backwards about 20 feet uphill and over a threshold to get it out of the shed that it lives in. That is a lot of stress on the foot.

Thought you built a device to rotate that thing in the shed?

You definitely need a new plan!Pushing it 20 ft uphill is most deffinately not a good one.

Glad you had a good ride though.

Engineering 101: Mount an electric winch on a tree on the other side of the road,, hook the cable on the back of the bike and drag her up da hill :confused24:,, simple pimple and easy as pie..

Non-engineering old school biker method with friends who dont know about your snow making skills: invite your biker buddies over for a hot dog and have em push you..

Non-engineering old school biker method with friends who do know about your snow making skills: learn to turn the bike around and use Mr. Gravity to back the it in..

:lightbulb:good thing VR has a Puc in its club to do all the thinking or nothing would get thunk about :big-grin-emoticon:

Glad you finally got a chance to get out and test that knew foot Jeff!!! Sounds like your headed for a GREAT summer of riding:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

• 1 month later...

Well it was close, I will not be riding to MD this year. I will be in the big red truck again.

While the foot is good enough for local riding I do not trust it yet for a long distance ride with all of the extra weight piled on. Just the 45 minute ride to work everyday is fairly painful by the end, I just do not think I would enjoy a 10 hour ride.

BUT on the other side of the coin, I will have my sweety with me this year. She does not do bikes. She will be staying with me at the pond monster inn and has never in her life slept in a tent before.

Well it was close, I will not be riding to MD this year. I will be in the big red truck again.

While the foot is good enough for local riding I do not trust it yet for a long distance ride with all of the extra weight piled on. Just the 45 minute ride to work everyday is fairly painful by the end, I just do not think I would enjoy a 10 hour ride.

BUT on the other side of the coin, I will have my sweety with me this year. She does not do bikes. She will be staying with me at the pond monster inn and has never in her life slept in a tent before.

This ought to be fun. I'll do my part to make it as entertaining as possible for her. Is she familiar with nocturnal lake lizards and snipe hunts? Since you're caging it you ought to swing by and throw Puc and Tippy in the back and tote them with you.

This ought to be fun. I'll do my part to make it as entertaining as possible for her. Is she familiar with nocturnal lake lizards and snipe hunts? Since you're caging it you ought to swing by and throw Puc and Tippy in the back and tote them with you.

She knows nothing of those things............

But you have to behave at least a little bit, I might want her to do this again sometime.

I have thought of picking up Puc and Tippy on the way. I'll have to give ol Puc a shout. HEY, @cowpuc!!!!!

Not a chance of turning it around in the shed with any sort of contraption.

She knows nothing of those things............

But you have to behave at least a little bit, I might want her to do this again sometime.

I have thought of picking up Puc and Tippy on the way. I'll have to give ol Puc a shout. HEY, @cowpuc!!!!!

Not a chance of turning it around in the shed with any sort of contraption.

I always behave.....in some sort of manner.:2133::banana::beer::biker::buttkick::Cartoon_397::rasberry::witch_brew::stickpoke: