IGNORED

Could not wait any longer ...

SilvrT

Plus 7 on Friday here in Edmonton and saw a guy out ridin'. Not used to seeing bikes on the road in the winter time. Unfortunately it didn't turn out well for a rider in Chase yesterday. Ride safe. Doug

Plus 7 on Friday here in Edmonton and saw a guy out ridin'. Not used to seeing bikes on the road in the winter time. Unfortunately it didn't turn out well for a rider in Chase yesterday. Ride safe. Doug

heard about that on the news. Thankfully I didn't encounter any ID10T's today.

Day before I got to ride I installed new handlebars. Called "Victory mini-Apes" ... sets the grips back towards me about 2", appx 2" higher, and the angle is better for the wrists. All that pain I was feeling in my thumb and index finger joint no longer happens as pressure is now dispersed across my entire hand.

Sun is shining, 10 celcius ... bike all ready, so put the insurance on and off I went. OMG it feels soooooooooooooooooo good ... even better than s3x ... which I've all but forgotten what that feels like hahahaha

I hate people that RUB it in. All I can ride right now is a plow. :snow::snow:

Day before I got to ride I installed new handlebars. Called "Victory mini-Apes" ... sets the grips back towards me about 2", appx 2" higher, and the angle is better for the wrists. All that pain I was feeling in my thumb and index finger joint no longer happens as pressure is now dispersed across my entire hand.

So did you transfer over the heated grips also.

Sun is shining, 10 celcius ... bike all ready, so put the insurance on and off I went. OMG it feels soooooooooooooooooo good ... even better than s3x ... which I've all but forgotten what that feels like hahahaha

Funny the older we get the things we find pleasure in

So did you transfer over the heated grips also.

yep, it was a relatively simple swap.

FWIW, the left grip is held on by two little screws hidden under the edge of the rubber. One is right near the wire coming into the grip. You can only pull the rubber back where the screws are. Once removed, the grip slides right off.

Those chrome "plugs" in the ends are plastic and are press-fit. Take a dull, wide, flat screwdriver, wedge it down between the plug and the bar end and pry them out. You might need to whack the end of the screwdriver with a hammer a few times with the screwdriver pointed against the inner edge of the plug and towards the end.

Pull the front fairing shell off.

Remove the 4 bolts holding the inner fairing on.

Unscrew the two clamps holding the wiring loom (they aren't easy to get at) and move them off to the side

You can then lift the fairing up and forward so you can get at the bar clamps.

Some will say you need to remove the entire inner fairing. Not needed unless you have to replace some cables but with these bars, the stock cables fit ... you just have to tug on them some to get a little more slack.

Maybe exercise (more). It's the best youth pill I've found. Losing weight helps too! Working on both of those ideas!

heh, in my case it's got nothing to do with either of those ... some things simply wear off (or wear out) over time ...