IGNORED

Here is what we need for all our VR rallies/ M&E's/ gatherings..

Eck

I am not sure if it could be used to follow a bike since it has a top AIR speed of around 25 MPH. So if you are driving into a 10 MPH breeze the drone can only do 15MPH ground speed. Or if drive under a bridge or tree a crash is likely. Hopefully it will not find the front of a semi going the other way.

The BIG catch with those is that as of Dec 21 you must be registered with the FAA to fly one since it weighs more than 250 grams (about 0.55 lbs) including all batteries and camera gear, most of the drones with camera gear are above the weight threshold, and you must have your registration number in a visible location on the aircraft. The FAA regs also now state that it can not be flown over any person.

This is all coming down because stupid people are doing stupid things and posting the vids on YouTube. At the rate people are doing stupid things it will not be long before someone takes down a man carrying aircraft.

This specific system I do not know if it is even legal to use under the new rules without getting a commercial drone license which has a similar written test as getting a pilots license.

Don't ya just love big brother watching over us.

Edited by Flyinfool

The BIG catch with those is that as of Dec 21 you must be registered with the FAA to fly one if it weighs more than 250 grams (about 0.55 lbs) including all batteries and camera gear, most of the drones with camera gear are above the weight threshold, and you must have your registration number in a visible location on the aircraft. The FAA regs also now state that it can not be flown over any person.

This is coming down because stupid people are doing stupid things and posting the vids on youtube. At the rate people are doing stupid things it will not be long before someone takes down a man carrying aircraft.

This specific system I do not know if it is even legal to use under the new rules without getting a commercial drone license which has the same written test as getting a pilots license.

Jeff,, have the entire RC Plane rules changed too? A pilots license was never needed for an RC that I ever heard of,, just buy a plane and go to crashin.. Wouldn't these fall under an RC law if there is such a thing... Maybe different cause of the push toward using drones for mail delivery and all that...

:lightbulb: Hang a small fairing on it with a set of saddlebags, license it as a 3rd Gen Venture and call er good to go!! More than one way to skin a cat!!:thumbsup:

I LOVE it Eckster!! Get the extra highlift blades for that puppy and we could use it to hoist lop eared Rum Ball mind altered varmints from the camping area over to the center of the pond and drop em in to feed the pond monster!!:thumbsup: Could also use it to locate lost attenders in the area (Search and Rescue)!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Someone had one at the International down in Goonerville Alabama couple years ago,, thing was AWESOME!! Thinking there was a link floating around here somewhere with Video of some of its shots.. I still got puter problems or I would go track it down!! I like it Eck:thumbsup: GOOD IDEA!!!! :thumbsup:

Yes all of the rules have changed for all RC.

You do have to register with the FAA to fly most RC anything.

On this Lily drone since it is fully autonomous and you do not have direct control it might not be considered RC but may fall under the commercial category which has a lot more user requirements.

So here is the FAA position on drones

http://techpp.com/2015/11/19/fly-drone-faa-rules/

BTW it costs $499.

Unfortunately that article is no longer good info. It is dated 11-19-2015 as of 12-21-2015 the FAA is requiring registration.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/robotics/drones-near-superbowl-will-get-shot-down-faa-160204.htm

To see the real FAA rules go to the FAA website. Don't take my word for it and certainly don't take the word of the guy trying to sell you one.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

Not to steal the thread {by the way it is pretty cool} but could someone tell me what happened to all the private planes that used to fly the countryside at all times of the day. I know 911 changed things but the price of fuel has dropped alot recently so I would figure that there would be more private planes flying around. I enjoyed seeing them years ago and now hardly ever see them. Has big brother so infringed on everyone that a joy ride is not possible anymore? What gives?

I was putting a new roof on the shed and someone's drone buzzed me.

It ought to be legal to give one a shotgun blast if you don't want it around you.

That's where the gub'mint is really messing with people's rights.

You can't just go blast a drone that's invading your airspace.

There is a company, I think in Sweden, that is making something mounted on a rifle stock that will electronically shoot down the drone.

I am wondering if that is what the FAA is planning to use to shoot down the drones at the Stupid bowl tomorrow. I sure hope they are not planning to shoot into the air with any kind of projectile around that many people.

I am wondering if that is what the FAA is planning to use to shoot down the drones at the Stupid bowl tomorrow. I sure hope they are not planning to shoot into the air with any kind of projectile around that many people.

The aviation administration recently issued notification that it will fine anyone flying their craft in the “no drone zone” during Superbowl 50 this Sunday.

And it warned operators that if needed, it will use “deadly force” on aerial vehicles entering the restricted air space.The zone extends 36 miles away from Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., where the Carolina Panthers will face the Denver Broncos. Violators will pay a fine and could also face prosecution.

If you’re not exactly sure what geographical areas we’re talking about, it’s basically all of San Francisco to the north and west, Santa Cruz, Morgan Hill and Gilroy to the south, and San Jose and Pleasanton to the north and east.

Still not sure, but really hankering to fly your drone on Sunday? You might want to download the FAA’s new app, B4UFLY for iOS and Android. I contains all of the answers to your drone-flying questions.

The “no fly zone” goes into effect starting at 2:00 PM until 11:59 PM local time. The game starts at 3:00 PST.

Of course, you know some doofus will break the law, so to keep abreast of the arrests, be sure to follow #NoDroneZone on Twitter.

I wonder just how many drones will need to be shot down. the manufactures said the there were over 500,000 drones delivered just before Christmas. I'll bet that the vast majority of those new owners have no clue on the rules. The FAA needs to make a highly publicized example out of someone.

Should we start a contest to see who guesses right?

On YouTube there are may examples of dummies flying a drone into places they should not be.

Those of us that have a passion for flying RC are on a campaign to try to educate as many people as possible on how to play with their new toys in a responsible manor to try to keep big brother from making more foolish rules. Unfortunately due to the foolish people doing foolish things, we now have all of these rules to contend with. And there are a lot more very restrictive rules on the horizon.

This looks like it is a real nice unit but before I would spend $820.00 I would get a GoPro camera, strap it to the cat and tether it to the bike from a balloon. :)

LMBO....Now that would be a video to watch........:rotf: