IGNORED

radio and cb

First thing to make sure is that the headset button isnt pressed on the Amplifier panel on the left fairing panel. It is labeled "H PH" and is next to the tone knob. This being activates would keep you from hearing via the speakers in the fairing. Try listen to the radio but make sure the CB is turned off as you do as it designed to override the radio output.

Rick F.

How does the CB and Radio work, tried to turn them on and nothing, so is there something special, and is there any upgrades fro the system

Did you hold your tongue right when you turned them on?

When I first got mine, the guy before didn't use the CB so when I turned it on, it seem not to work. What I found out each function, CB, CD player, radio, has its own volume control when you are in that mode. I found out the hard way with the CB, when I figure it out, I turned the volume up all the way and forgot about it. I was going down the road, tunes doing good in my helmet, and all of a sudden a loud booming voice came through the helmet speakers telling me there was a "picture taker" up ahead.

Long story to say check the volume

First thing to make sure is that the headset button isnt pressed on the Amplifier panel on the left fairing panel. It is labeled "H PH" and is next to the tone knob. This being activates would keep you from hearing via the speakers in the fairing.
The H/PH button on my 89 appears to be permanently stuck. Sometimes when the bike is started the radio will play through the speakers and sometimes it will play through the headset. Pushing the button does not do anything anymore, meaning that it used to work but now does not. There is a green light near the H/PH button that inicaes when the audio is coming through the headset. Or, visa-versa, depending on how good my memory is.