IGNORED

Has anyone been using this B&D jump starter/air compressor unit

Bert2006

Thanks for the replies. I picked one up after work and returned it tonight. The air chuck is a screw on as opposed to the flip type. It was also made of plastic as oposed to metal. Walmart and Costco have similar units that I will look into.

I have the 5 in 1 from harbor freight.

I use it a lot during the summer. I use the air compressor to put 120 PSI in my airplane to power the pneumatic retractable landing gear and the brakes. I use it to recharge the flight batteries on multiple aircraft. I never tried to start a bike with it but it will start my truck.

As mentioned, you need to keep it charged. Leaving it sit with a partly discharged battery will kill the battery. I keep it in my truck unless I am off on a bike trip then it comes with me. In the truck I have a charge port rigged with a relay so that when ever the truck is running it is being charged so that it is always ready to go.

The local motorcycle shop here sells these http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/antigravity-micro-start-xp-5-power-supply?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=CIe8qLThvcoCFc0lgQodvfgPjw

I am going to get one for some trips taking this year, not only is it small, I seen him jump a couple motorcycles and a car with it. It has USB ports so you can charge your phone.

I was thinking of tapping into my battery and wiring a plug to one of my saddle bags and that way when driving it would be charging.

The local motorcycle shop here sells these http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/antigravity-micro-start-xp-5-power-supply?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=CIe8qLThvcoCFc0lgQodvfgPjw

I am going to get one for some trips taking this year, not only is it small, I seen him jump a couple motorcycles and a car with it. It has USB ports so you can charge your phone.

I was thinking of tapping into my battery and wiring a plug to one of my saddle bags and that way when driving it would be charging.

Those still scare me.

They use lithium batteries.

The same type of batteries that are starting on fire in the hover boards.

The same type of batteries that were starting fires in the new Boeing 787.

If all of the engineers at Boeing cant figure out how to make them safe, they scare me.

There are just to many confirmed cases of lithium battery igniting while not even plugged into anything. Yes there are a LOT more of them that are used safely every day. But it is the small percentage that scares me.

Lithium battery fires are very difficult to put out, the battery chemistry gives it its own oxygen supply, so it burn happily away even buried in the bottom of your saddlebag.

Search YouTube for lithium or LiPo battery fires.