IGNORED

Buying in bulk problem.

Condor

So I wonder if I'm not the only one. I need a small something, and find it on the web cheap. It also comes in 100 packs. So I say what the 'H' and buy 100. The I go ahead and fix whatever I'm working on... maybe one or two pieces... and then can't find what I did with the other 98 when I need them again.... Drives me bananas..... :bang head:

:doh: So what do you have 98 of that we can use? :think:

He is saying he has the 98 left over but he cant find them so even if we wanted / needed one he cant help us..I think he should buy 100 more and then post the remaining 98 (FREE) on the site!!! :stickpoke: ..:banana:

I have had stuff walk off and leave me for years and always blamed in on the kids, dogs, neighbors or even the products inability to understand directions and wandering off into oblivion. I always thought having a senile moment meant you couldn't remember WHAT you bought and didn't have that much to do with stuff getting lost. Now I find out that I may have spent 60 years of life living in a state of senility - kind of disconcerting when eye (couldn't find my "I" key) think about it..

Hey Jack, something that has worked for me.. Go see if you can find the tools you may have used to do whatever you did with whatever you bought (dont forget to look in your tool box - sometimes those tools like to visit their home) - this has worked for me several times in life. I have always been amazed at how attached stuff can get to the tools needed to install what ever it is..

Oh yea,, when you find what ever it is your looking for,,, probably would not be a bad idea to :photographing::photographing::photographing::photographing: and post em here.. That way if they ever wander off again you at least have some pics in case you do have an actual case of senility!:big-grin-emoticon:

I do the same time to time buying large quantities of nuts, bolts, etc. because I either find a great price or think I use more than I actually do.

I use what I need at the time then often can't find then when I need them again.

Not sure if it's my crummy filing system or just a part of having way to much stuff and not enough garage.

Since this always seems to happen when I need an item "right now" I have to make a parts run to get the job done and its not until I go to put all the tools and the extra parts I just bought away I find the big bag of stuff I needed.

Maybe I need to get a bigger shop area so I can organize stuff better but I'm afraid I'll just start collecting even more stuff so that may not be a good option either.

I'm slowing starting to get better organized by picking up some parts bins to put small stuff in but as you can see the work bench is now a collection point for much of the stuff I need to file.

Garage1.jpgGarage2.jpg

So I wonder if I'm not the only one. I need a small something, and find it on the web cheap. It also comes in 100 packs. So I say what the 'H' and buy 100. The I go ahead and fix whatever I'm working on... maybe one or two pieces... and then can't find what I did with the other 98 when I need them again.... Drives me bananas..... :bang head:

You probably left them in my office Jack ... took the donuts with you by mistake ...

He is saying he has the 98 left over but he cant find them so even if we wanted / needed one he cant help us..I think he should buy 100 more and then post the remaining 98 (FREE) on the site!!! :stickpoke: ..:banana:

That is the only way I can find anything,rebuy it and as soon as the new article shows up so will the original.

It is not uncommon for me to be searching for something in the garage and run across a plastic bag of stuff I bought at Harbor Freight and forgot I even have it. My problem is in the garage I am bordering on being a hoarder. :whistling:

Randy

I resemble that and agree with Pegasus, buy a replacement and the lost item's will show up. I've done it many times. :bang head:

You probably left them in my office Jack ... took the donuts with you by mistake ...

Your office is now dirt Steve... I did rescue the donuts however.

if all that stuff is in your garage, just have a maintenance day. Just think of it as having a garage sale by special invitation only.......

It's more than just 'that stuff'. You have no idea.... The last person who went in there to find something hasn't come out in over two weeks... We leave a plate of donuts inside the door every night and they are gone in the morning so I guess he's OK....

I resemble that and agree with Pegasus, buy a replacement and the lost item's will show up. I've done it many times. :bang head:

That's generally the way I locate everything. I now have 5 compressors...that's how bad it is..... :buttkick:

Seriously? Wow. Send me a picture if you get a chance!! Dirt ... spent a lot of years in that office. So what they building now?

Seriously? Wow. Send me a picture if you get a chance!! Dirt ... spent a lot of years in that office. So what they building now?

I'll drop by later on and take a dirty pic...or two?? Will you settle for mud?? :-) :rain2:

I'll drop by later on and take a dirty pic...or two?? Will you settle for mud?? :-) :rain2:

That's right, you guys are finally getting some rain. Well, wait until spring?

I do the same time to time buying large quantities of nuts, bolts, etc. because I either find a great price or think I use more than I actually do.

I use what I need at the time then often can't find then when I need them again.

Not sure if it's my crummy filing system or just a part of having way to much stuff and not enough garage.

Since this always seems to happen when I need an item "right now" I have to make a parts run to get the job done and its not until I go to put all the tools and the extra parts I just bought away I find the big bag of stuff I needed.

Maybe I need to get a bigger shop area so I can organize stuff better but I'm afraid I'll just start collecting even more stuff so that may not be a good option either.

I'm slowing starting to get better organized by picking up some parts bins to put small stuff in but as you can see the work bench is now a collection point for much of the stuff I need to file.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102968[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102969[/ATTACH]

Trust me... a bigger garage... will... not... help.

I know from experience on this one. I knocked down a 13x19 shed and built a 24 x 30 shop. Now I simply have more stuff to look through to find that thing I'm looking for.

How about starting a project one night but not finishing it. Come back in a few days after doing several other projects, now the work bench is full of every tool imaginable. So you say "I'm going to finish what I started days ago" and you can't find what you need to do the job. So you clean off the bench, under the bench, sweeep the floor and put everything away and still can't find what you need. The wife comes in after 2 hours of super cleaning and asks "What are you looking for". I say I need a so and so and can't find what I did with it. She says "Is this it sitting on the bench"? :doh: IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN!:yikes:

now if you like, buy motorcycles in bulk and feel free to share with the rest of us :bluesbrother:

I have found the best way to never need an item again is to buy lots of it and display it prominently. Putting it away would guarantee I will need it and won't be able to find it.

That's sorta like searching for your glasses.... while you're wearing them, or looking for the cell while you're talking on it... Things are going downhill quickly.... :backinmyday:

now if you like, buy motorcycles in bulk and feel free to share with the rest of us :bluesbrother:

I've discovered bulk buying bikes too... I just haven't gotten to that sharing part yet..... :whistling: