IGNORED

Lodging questions, info on VR IR and more

Barrycuda

I called the lodge today after trying to book days online for the cabin. The website shows 3 days specifically blocked off, meaning no availability. these dates are Tuesday through Thursday. I thought maybe it was because of us, so I called. I spoke to a guy there who stated those dates are blocked by a WV company that books there yearly and takes up a lot of the rooms. i also asked about the regular hotel and was told the same. Can someone tell me if we have anything saved for the state park? No one there seems to have any idea we are showing up there. Or...maybe im just not sure whats going on. I was told there are other resorts that are near that Caanan state park. these are: Blackwater resort, golden Anchor cabins, Alpine, Windfly. can anyone tell me where exactly some, most, all, are actually staying? If its at the state park, can you tell me how to get those dates. It is Sept. 26-29th right?

Thanks for any clarification.

Berry we have the dates reserved for Sept. When you call use Venture rider group. This should get you set for the rally. Remember that if you are trying to get a cabin you need to get who ever is staying there with you and then only one make the reservations or you will end up with more than one cabin.

Berry we have the dates reserved for Sept. When you call use Venture rider group. This should get you set for the rally. Remember that if you are trying to get a cabin you need to get who ever is staying there with you and then only one make the reservations or you will end up with more than one cabin.

Slowrollwv,

i did call and mention the venture rider group. The one person apparantly doesn't know about it. Do you have a name or contact? I want to wrap this up ASAP.

lastly,

my name is BArry, not BErry.... Thanks

Correct Eck, except the facility itself has not recognized the VR event. They have 3 days which are blocked for another event during the week we are there. I know I'm not crazy...

Hey brother man, I truly understand what you are saying .!!

From what I understand though is that Slowrollwv is / was setting this event up with them, so I am staying out of it.

I only posted the official IR thread link to assist those who may need to use or edit any information there in.

I'm outa here............:stickpoke:

Maybe heres a back up plan Barry if you don't get in at park. Canaan Village Inn

would be great Dion, except there are no rooms available. I just made reservations at the windwood fly in resort. They're reasonable on prices and isn't too far from the state park. Anyone who is interested, please don't wait. The rooms and places in Davis WV are booking up because of the season change and other events.

No buckshot, everyone else calls me crazy. Where the hell have you been hiding?

Just haven't been riding much the last couple of years.....Hope that changes this year.

Did have B2Mom and Dad here with there camper for a week last fall, loved the time with them and hope they make it back this way someday.

Barry seems Sept would be a little early for color. But one never knows and that is a little further north than what we usually go in Oct. After I posted the link for you I actually looked at surrounding area rooms, most everything I looked at was booked. Hope you all dont have as many tourists up there that week we have down in these parts right now. Geeze

Barry seems Sept would be a little early for color. But one never knows and that is a little further north than what we usually go in Oct. After I posted the link for you I actually looked at surrounding area rooms, most everything I looked at was booked. Hope you all dont have as many tourists up there that week we have down in these parts right now. Geeze

I couldn't wait anymore to see what is going on. I booked reservations at windwood fly in resort. It's close to the state park, reasonable w prices. Like I said, for reasons unknown, this is a busy time for some reason and combine that with not very many places, we have to reserve ASAP. That's my 2 cents...

There is a major problem with the rally dates as brought to light by @Barrycuda. We can blame the resort, we can blame Chuck or we can blame me. Regardless, the dates were not blocked for us by the resort and we have no choice except to change the dates of the rally. I am fully aware of the fact that this could cause issues for some who may have a hard time with vacation scheduling and etc. but the fact is, there is nothing else that we can do.

So the date for the International Rally has been officially changed to September 12 - 15th. The week previous to our original date is not available either.

If you have previously signed RSVP on the VentureRider Calendar, please do so again as it had to be reset to zero because of he changed date. Here is the link.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/ca...-12&redirect=1

I have booked online at the facility, however Slowroll states there is a discount when mentioning VR. I called FIRST to see if that may be the case but the lady answering didn't know about it. So...I booked online. I would like to know if Slowroll would be able to provide a name, or contact so we and others can get the group rate...

I was invited to accept Jay / ragtop69 generous offer for room, but after personal reasons and thinking about it, I would rather him give the option to someone who is riding further away ( his option to decide, not my request). based on his generosity and kindness, would really appreciate it.

Edited by Barrycuda
distracted prefrontal cortex

I'm going to try and keep this short and hopefully not ruffle too many feathers. A mistake was made. I can assure you that nobody here feels worse about it than Chuck does. He apologized and that is all that he can do. I accept that apology and will not ask any more from him. I see no reason to continue berating him over it.

Yes, it was a fair sized mistake. I can tell you for absolute certain though that I have made bigger mistakes. I'm willing to bet that almost everybody here has also at one time or another. It's not the end of the world. Yes, I feel bad for anybody that had already scheduled their vacation and may not be able to change it. That is a terrible outcome. I also know though of at least two people who can now come that weren't going to be able to before. How will it balance out? I don't know and it doesn't make me feel any less bad for anybody who not can't make it but what is done is done.

It is January 6th folks. The rally is more than 10 months out. That's a long time. I wish that this hadn't happened but I'm glad that we found out now instead of later.

I hope people can just get over it and we can all have a good time.

I'm going to try and keep this short and hopefully not ruffle too many feathers. A mistake was made. I can assure you that nobody here feels worse about it than Chuck does. He apologized and that is all that he can do. I accept that apology and will not ask any more from him. I see no reason to continue berating him over it.

Yes, it was a fair sized mistake. I can tell you for absolute certain though that I have made bigger mistakes. I'm willing to bet that almost everybody here has also at one time or another. It's not the end of the world. Yes, I feel bad for anybody that had already scheduled their vacation and may not be able to change it. That is a terrible outcome. I also know though of at least two people who can now come that weren't going to be able to before. How will it balance out? I don't know and it doesn't make me feel any less bad for anybody who not can't make it but what is done is done.

It is January 6th folks. The rally is more than 10 months out. That's a long time. I wish that this hadn't happened but I'm glad that we found out now instead of later.

I hope people can just get over it and we can all have a good time.

I will be fine. I said my piece. Not interested in any more piled on. I'm not perfect, screwed up plenty and often but I was upset. Last I checked, that was allowed. Come rally time, I will be glorious.

I will be fine. I said my piece. Not interested in any more piled on. I'm not perfect, screwed up plenty and often but I was upset. Last I checked, that was allowed. Come rally time, I will be glorious.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make the IR this year. I already have a lot of the summer booked to spend in the good old US of A in 2016 and the dollar difference is going to be a killer.

But I just may have to take out a loan or something to make it to the IR just to see you be "GLORIOUS" Barry!

That should be awesome! :cool10: