IGNORED

Electronic tech needed

Marcarl

Marca would like to have some lights working on the front entry. She had picked up this setup sometime ago.

Here's the issue: they flash and she wants them to stay on steady.

It's charged with a photo cell, batteries are 1.2v parallel.

It has an off\on switch, one charger input and two outputs.

Is there someway to eliminate the flashing?

Thanks for any input.

100_4127[1].jpg

100_4125[1].jpg

100_4124[1].jpg

100_4123[1].jpg

Well it depends.

Are you relying on the photo cells for charging or using the charger input. They are most likely flashing the lights to save battery power. continuous on may drain the batteries pretty quick. depending on what the lights are.

Getting it to stay on continuous may not be hard, but the power draw may kill it.

For a better answer we need more info on what the lights are. and what the photocell is.

Whatever you do, DON'T CUT THE RED WIRE !!!

(thing looks like a bomb LOL)

WAIT!!!........I took a course on this once?!........Let's see?....:think:........... then you need to cut the red wire and if there's a green wire but no white wire, then you should cut the blue ... If you don't cut any of the wires ...:yikes: Sorry! Marca, the front entry is now an open concept living space.........:starz: But hey, they don't flash anymore!

WAIT!!!........I took a course on this once?!........Let's see?....think.gif........... then you need to cut the red wire and if there's a green wire but no white wire, then you should cut the blue ... If you don't cut any of the wires ...yikes.gif Sorry! Marca, the front entry is now an open concept living space.........starz.gif But hey, they don't flash anymore!

----See what happens when you play with your cell phone during class. Maybe next time you will pay closer attention -------

----OH WAIT THERE IS NO NEXT TIME. :yikes:------

Marca would like to have some lights working on the front entry. She had picked up this setup sometime ago.

Here's the issue: they flash and she wants them to stay on steady.

It's charged with a photo cell, batteries are 1.2v parallel.

It has an off\on switch, one charger input and two outputs.

Is there someway to eliminate the flashing?

Thanks for any input.

How about just swinging by your local hardware store and pick up a set that does what you want.

That's what I do because it is so much easier than having to think.

And remember...DON'T cut the red wire :)

The 6601D is the controller for the solar cell. Leave that alone since you do not have a charger.

The HL2503-1 is the flasher. If you connect a jumper from pin 1 to pin 8 that should eliminate the flashing. The catch is that the on off switch may also go thru this component and you may not be able to turn the lights off. If this happens then put a switch in the jumper, you will then have one switch to turn the flashing on/off and the stock switch to turn the whole thing on/off.

This is my best guess with what I have to work with. The data sheets that I could find are all in Chinese so I am guessing at a lot of it.

6601D english.pdf

HL2503-1_datasheet.pdf

Thanks Fool.

Now let it be known that I will attempt to do this on my own, without any exterior assistance. If per-chance something does not go exactly according to the Fool instructions and the shop gets a roof raising in the process,,,, you'll likely find me on cloud 9. Don't know which cloud that would be, but I'm sure that some enterprising government official has it numbered,, so as not to loose any newfound taxes.

Ok did all that and as usual, once I had it done to test, the rest of the unit decided to go for a toilette break. Well it was fun while it lasted, but can't verify if you were right Fool,,,, I'll just say it wasn't your fault.

So thanks,,, maybe next time.

Yep, sure did,,, but then I told Marca that it quit flashing and at first she was overjoyed,,, until she went to look!

Told her it was time for a new upgraded set,,, she deserves it!

When I went to put the unit back together the whole case cracked,,, so I said to myself: self!!! enough is enough,, on to the next project and I set the present item on the side. Hard to do mind you, I mean, after spending all that time, one hates to waste it all,,, but there comes a time,,,,, so I put it where all the other failed endeavors are,,,, I hope them boys keep all those items sorted,,, there's quite a pile of them I noticed the other day,,,, maybe somebody else has theirs stored there as well.