IGNORED

I Love my wife, but sometimes...........

SapperMedic

I asked my wife for a new set of tires for the RSV for Christmas, and gave her what I thought was pretty specific instructions on what I needed. She came back yesterday from the dealer and asked me to check on what she purchased before she wrapped them. I had told her that I was going to try a 130 in the front and maybe that is what confused her. Instead of a 150/90-15 for the rear, she bought a 170/80-15 because the dealer didn't have the right size but told her that they are essentially the same in height. I did a spec comparison and the 170's are supposed to be 7.36 inches wide and have a sidewall height of 10.71 inches vs the 150 is 6.6 inches wide and sidewall 10.63. Has anyone ran this size on their RSV before. It seems pretty negligible in differences and may not be worth the hassle of sending it back. If I make a big thing of it, then I may never get anything for the bike from the wife ever again, but if it won't work, it has to be done. Thoughts?

My wife and I started a tradition a long time ago, she buys what she needs/wants and so do I, and then we give it to the other to wrap for Christmas. It has sure saved a lot of headache, we may buy each other something small, watch or something as a surprise but big stuff we get what we know we need.

I just bought a new leather jacket and chaps, I just hope it doesn't turn to cold between now and Christmas or other wise I will have to open my gift early

Another option is to call the dealer to explain what happened and see if you can exchange the tire after Christmas without her knowing. Then everyone is happy.

Now there is a man who is thinking the right way:clap2:

Yep, just because we tease him and call him "Fool" does not mean he is one,, THAT is FACT :thumbsup:

please remember I stood up for ya @Flyinfool when it comes time to adjust those nozzles in an easterly direction :fingers-crossed-emo

Another option is to call the dealer to explain what happened and see if you can exchange the tire after Christmas without her knowing. Then everyone is happy.

Married for 34 years, Thats the best advice you are going to get rite there! The Fool nailed it!

Craig