IGNORED

Dag gonit, my avalanche was just in an accident...

Eck

As long as I got cha on the line here, do you folks have, what we in Michigan call a Catastrophic Fund attached to the No Fault that you pay into with all your policies?

Not that I am aware of Puc...I just did a Google search for: "Alabama auto no fault Catastrophic Fund"...and the very first thing that comes up is The Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association ..

:confused24:

Another one for you Eck, years ago - when I was a kid we had this thing called "State Insurance" that we could purchase through the State of Michigan. Most of us kids carried it cause it was the only way we could get on the road (no money ya know). For 25 dollars the State would "insure" you BUT - ya had to pay them back if ya got in a wreck.. I had the brakes go out on my 1964 Chevy Pickup one time at the last stop light in Grand Haven while carrying State Insurance. Lady in front of me with a brand new Cadillac slammed on her brakes when the light turned yellow - I ended up with one of those big ol Caddy tail lights embedded in the hood of my truck. State Police were across the street so we went over there. Ended up costing me 350 bucks to get her car fixed (dont sound like much now but back then that was a ton of cash).

Sorry to hear about the damage Eck.

Did anyone ever come to pick the guy up?

Hope he didn't keep trying to ride off.

His wife and some other guy came and got him and the bike. I have pictures of his bike on a trailer but don't want to post them here for public view, because the license plate is visible of the truck pulling the trailer and I don't want the owner of the truck suing me for posting his license plate if that make sense.

Even if the jerk was sober, he could not have ridden the bike anyway, because one eye witness told me that when he dropped the bike, he bend the right handle bar down against the gas tank and it busted his throttle cables. The eye witness said he saw him holding the throttle cables in his hand and was looking and trying to see if he could get them back in the housing on the end of the handle bar.

Now I have another issue that I just saw in the pictures I took..

I also just noticed this morning on the picture I took of his drivers license that he doe NOT have a motorcycle endorsement on his drivers license. How in the world did he get motorcycle insurance from Geico with out the endorsement? ... Hum.. this is giving me a baddddddd feeling..

I also noted his wife's name is on the insurance policy and it leaves me wondering if she even has a motorcycle endorsement on her license. Even if she does, she was not the one driving the bike at the time of the accident.

Just my luck..:bawling:

Edited by Eck

Okie Dokie..........Im a happy camper (so far anyway).:banana:

GEICO just called me.... The bike driver / rider owned up to hitting my truck with his motorcycle. Sooooo, his insurance company (Geico), and I made some arrangements for me to drop my truck off Dec 1st @ 9:30am at the collision center here in Huntsville, and I pick up a rental car that they are paying for.

At first the Geico lady said that they would provide me with a COMPACT rental car..

I told the lady that a compact car would not work for me and that is one of the main reasons I own a large truck, to have some room to move since I am fairly am a large size.

She came right back and said; NO problem sir, we will give you a full size vehicle at no charge to you, will that be OK sir?

I said that would fit me a whole lot better and thanked her.

SO next Tuesday the truck gets dropped off for repairs.. :fingers crossed:

Okie Dokie..........Im a happy camper (so far anyway).:banana:

GEICO just called me.... The bike driver / rider owned up to hitting my truck with his motorcycle. Sooooo, his insurance company (Geico), and I made some arrangements for me to drop my truck off Dec 1st @ 9:30am at the collision center here in Huntsville, and I pick up a rental car that they are paying for.

At first the Geico lady said that they would provide me with a COMPACT rental car..

I told the lady that a compact car would not work for me and that is one of the main reasons I own a large truck, to have some room to move since I am fairly am a large size.

She came right back and said; NO problem sir, we will give you a full size vehicle at no charge to you, will that be OK sir?

I said that would fit me a whole lot better and thanked her.

SO next Tuesday the truck gets dropped off for repairs.. :fingers crossed:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: