IGNORED

Beginner's Class in the Monsoon

Sleeperhawk

Gongrats and good job. :clap2: Now you need to get a bike so you can ride. In VA after you take the class they tell you that "you are now certified to drive a bike in a parking lot at 15miles per hour". In order to do anything else you need to practice. I know that you will work on your skills with George so you can "keep the rubber down and the paint up".

So did you drop the bike in class?:whistling:

Originally posted by 86er But I've got a question, in Ga when you finish an accredited rider course, you get your endorsement, doesn't that happen in SC? Or do you take the certificate to the DMV and get the all important "M" on your license?

Thank you, Todd!:)

South Carolina requires that you pass vision, written, and skills tests to get your motorcycle license. Since I took the Beginner's Class, that is what I would have to do. The certificate I received yesterday gives me a discount on motorcycle insurance.

MSF, in its Intermediate Class, will test you there after the course, saving time to get it done at DMV. However, I want to be a lot more comfortable riding before I get out on the streets. More than likely taking the Intermediate Class in accomplishing that goal.

It is AWESOME operating your own bike, but Sleeperhawk met me for lunch yesterday and was on the bike. It was so nice being able to hold on to him!!!!:stickinouttounge:

Gongrats and good job. :clap2: Now you need to get a bike so you can ride. In VA after you take the class they tell you that "you are now certified to drive a bike in a parking lot at 15miles per hour". In order to do anything else you need to practice. I know that you will work on your skills with George so you can "keep the rubber down and the paint up".

So did you drop the bike in class?:whistling:

No, I did not drop the bike nor even come close!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

speaking of new riders my mother (70 years young) is taking the Beginners motorcycle course the 16,17,18 of May when I asked her why she just said I'm not getting any younger and it is something I always wanted to do. She has already picked out the bike she wants and has been to the dealer about every weekend to make sure it's still there.:)

YOU GO GIRL!!!:bighug:

speaking of new riders my mother (70 years young) is taking the Beginners motorcycle course the 16,17,18 of May when I asked her why she just said I'm not getting any younger and it is something I always wanted to do. She has already picked out the bike she wants and has been to the dealer about every weekend to make sure it's still there.:)/quote]

That's great, she sounds like an amazing woman.

Glad you got all dried out Bobbie. Now I guess I need to go take the class but kinda pointless unless I'm gonna have a bike to ride. And if you all remember the trip to the Harley place my feet can't touch the ground on much out there.

Margaret