IGNORED

Beginner's Class in the Monsoon

Sleeperhawk

Mechanic is taking the Beginner's Motorcycle Riding Class this weekend.

I am proud of her :bighug: even though it is raining cats and dogs today.

The instructors said last night rain or shine, they ride.

Took her some dry gloves and clothes at lunch time, she looked like a drowned rat even with all the rain gear. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

You should see her hands too, all black because she mistakenly picked up my summer supposedly leather gloves. :whistling: :rotf:

But being the good husband that I am, I went to the local bike shop and picked up waterproof gloves for her. :)

She said that she has a new found respect for all of us that chauffer the passengers around. :)

Assuming they are riding a 250 in the class , her long legs must be really dragging , or up around her ears at the least .

But anyways , GOOD for Her ! I can see another scoot in the Dungeon here real soon .

BEER30

Assuming they are riding a 250 in the class , her long legs must be really dragging , or up around her ears at the least .

But anyways , GOOD for Her ! I can see another scoot in the Dungeon here real soon .

BEER30

Oh yeah, she is riding a 250, and she says she is having a hard time finding that little shift lever with her big feet. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I'm sure she'll do fine even with that little bike. So what bike is she getting to ride for herself? Are you gonna let her practice on your bike? I know she can reach the ground on it.

She'll just need a nice hot bath or shower when she gets home and a big cup of hot coffee.

Margaret

GOOD FOR HER.I LOVE SEEING WOMEN ON BIKES..WERE ALL PROUD OF HER.. TAKE HER OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT..THEN TAKE HER SHOPPING FOR A NEW BIKE..AND WHILE YOUR OUT AT THE DEALERS PICK OUT A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YOUR RIDE..:mo money::moped:

The hot bath :whistling: and coffee will be ready when she gets home.

No can do about taking her out tonight, its Final Four time.

We are thinking about the V-Star 1300:) and I sure did like the looks of the Stratoliner with the Corbin bags and fairing.

RODE A V STAR FOR 5 YEARS(1100) LOVED IT, NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH IT. GOT 100 % BACK ON IT WHEN I TRADED IT IN ON MY RSV. HAD A LOT OF EXTRAS ON IT. TO MUCH TO LIST. THREE OF THE WOMEN I RIDE WITH OWN THEM.. THATS A GOOD CHOICE.. :missingtooth:

That is totally awesome, I only have one regret about this whole situation.

Now the amount of pictures taken while riding at the meet and eats is going to be cut in half.

Looks like it's going to be all on you pretty soon Mini!!

Look forward to seeing her ride sometime. Congrats!

SleeperHawk, you are about to enter a phase of your life that will absolutely scare you to death. I can't tell you how many times my heart jumped into my throat the first year Brandy started riding. If you thought your head was on a swivel now, just wait until she is riding with you. You will find yourself looking out for two. It's that instinct to protect what you love. It gets better as the years go by. I am very confident in Brandy's ability to handle herself now.

I really cherish the times she doesn't feel like riding her bike and asks to ride with me. For 22 years she rode with her hands around my waist. You will miss her not being behind you.

She says for now, she will be riding with me to the M&E, she does not want to quit taking pictures. She will be ridin her own ride, when it is just her and I doing local rides.

But who knows, that may change over time.

I still want her arms around my waist. :crying:

George,

You need to go take pictures. We would all love to see Bobbie on a 250. that has to be a sight to see.:whistling:

I forgot it was this weekend or I would have ridden dow for the event.:confused24:

Yeah, George! You, of all people, should know the rules! :photographing: Go get pics tomorrow!

Don't make us send Lewis after you! :bobby:

Guest BluesLover

Congrats to the Mechanic, Sleeperhawk.

My own best half (aka Shutterbug), is taking her test on May 16 and just this very afternoon she was out practicing too ... although we don't have the rain.

Cheers,

P.S. I managed to get out for a ride on the RSV myself (along with my buddy Pete - he's in the picture)

Ahh, after a hot bubbly bath drawn by Sleeperhawk and two cups of his delicious coffee, I am finally feeling like a human being! :happy-emoticon:Oh, and Sleeperhawk ordered pizza in for us since Final Four is starting soon!

In spite of the heavy downpours all day today, learning how to ride a bike (the right way) was awesome! :thumbsup2: I started out this morning anxious but right now, while trying to get some homework done before the game starts, I reflect how much I learned and how good it felt to be on a bike, even though it was a 250!

My hat is off to everyone who rides a bike. I am amazed at how you guys handle us passengers. I could only handle myself today!

Taking pictures is not allowed (thank goodness) at these classes. And I will still hold ride with Sleeperhawk and hold on to his waist!

Thank you all for your encouraging words!:bighug:

Ride safe,

Bobbie

Yee Haw!!!! I am now the proud owner of a certificate stating that I have successfully completed a rider-skill training course!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

We rode all morning under partly cloudy skies, and NO RAIN!!!:thumbsup2:

That was a VERY enlightening class and I have learned so much that I have taken for granted when riding with Sleeperhawk.

Hmmmm, wonder if I can sneak Sleeperhawk's bike out for a spin around the block?:stirthepot: Nope, not ready for a bike of that size!:no-no-no:

Once again, my hat off to all riders!:bighug:

Ride safe,

Bobbie

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif :ice_congrats-vi6886 Bobbie!

Yee Haw!!!! I am now the proud owner of a certificate stating that I have successfully completed a rider-skill training course!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

But I've got a question, in Ga when you finish an accredited rider course, you get your endorsement, doesn't that happen in SC? Or do you take the certificate to the DMV and get the all important "M" on your license?

Of course if you are qualified to drive a bus, you get a B on your license.

Since I am qualified for a bus and a motorcycle, I have a license with a class BM! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gif :rotf:

Bobbie

Now you can become the real mechanic! Marilyn rides her own vstar 1100 and does her own wrenching as well as helping me on mine! Well ok...before Russell says anything...she does most of the work on mine as well!

I am very proud of her handling her bike with the skill of a seasoned rider. Great to have the gals riding.....yes...I do miss her on the back though!

Congrats to you! Ride safe.

Bobbie

Now you can become the real mechanic! Marilyn rides her own vstar 1100 and does her own wrenching as well as helping me on mine! Well ok...before Russell says anything...she does most of the work on mine as well!

Congrats to you! Ride safe.

You can probably wrench better than Rick (not that it takes much):stirthepot:, now to get your riding practice in............. Enjoy putting in the miles, riding a scoot, yourself.........