IGNORED

6 dui's and still on the road!!??

steamer

A couple of weeks ago, just 7 miles from my home, this moron was diving home after getting himself loaded, and ran head on into a middle age couple out on a afternoon ride on there MC. No skid marks. He crossed the center line in a curve and took them out at full speed. Killed instantly! They never had a chance. The car that was following this jerk stopped to give assistance and told the police that the moron said he needed a ride home because he ran into a tree. He was so drunk he had no idea he kill these two people. He keep asking for a ride home. When he was told he killed two people he started to walk home and was picked up by the police and arrested for dui, leaving the seen of a deadly crash, driving without a license, driving without an interlock device on his car, 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter, and a couple of other charges. 6 previous DUI's and several other crimes that he did time for. What I want to know is where did he get the truck he was driving, who gave him the keys to it and why aren't they being brought up on charges? Why was this stellar citizen on the road at all? WTF!? One other thing that really bothers me, he lived just a couple hundred yards up the road from 5 of my grand children... What if?

Wow Steamer,, what an extreme tragedy!! Somewhere out there are a group of people (family members and friends) who are now in one of lifes hardest grieving moments - my heart is broken too for them - Prayers Up who ever and where ever you are at this time, you have my deepest heartfelt condolences.

Prayers Up also for the person who committed this thoughtless criminal act against his fellow man. I truly hope and pray that thru the many years of time being spent behind bars you are facing you find the spiritual and psychological help that you need to afford you the ability to cope with what you have done.

May the two riders, Steven G. Lester, 49, of Manchester, and Patricia Perryman, 47, of Canandaigua find peace at the throne of God, indeed - RIP our biking friends!

Steamer,, I think I found the story you are referring to here:

http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/public-safety/2015/09/17/man-killed-2-motorcycle-while-driving-drunk-police-say/32555967/

I wonder if it would be wise to maybe start a campaign within the comment area of a newspaper section similar to that link? There are many questions that I think should be brought up in this incident. Things like:

Condolences to the family/friends of the deceased of course..

Why wasn't this person at least on a tether?

Should the public require an investigation of his probationary history to see how closely monitored he actually had been?

The article said it was "his truck". Should a person with his background even be allowed to own a vehicle?

We could start a campaign in the "comment section" of almost any of the news papers that carry the story online Steamer.. If you think that is a good idea, select the one you think would get the most exposure and let me/us know. Be more than happy to participate my friend!!

What do think gang? Good idea? Bad idea? Bossman?

Tragic story.

There is no defense for what happened and consequence must be paid, but speaking as someone who had to deal with an alcoholic father, the alcoholic very often has little to no control over the addiction once they are deep in it's grip. Because some one has developed that addiction, it doesn't mean they are a "scumbag". But it also doesn't mean they are excused from the consequences of their actions either.

It's sad that others must pay the price for that addition.

If the guy was "blasted", it's not surprising that he didn't even realize what had happened. I've seen that before. Personally seen it. Again, still not an excuse.

6 DUI's is a failing of the court and legal system. also his friends, family and yes: even the bar he was probably in.

How the h-e-double L do you get 6 DUI's? That just doesn't compute for me.

I can't help but feel sorry for so many lives ruined: The drunk, the Two killed, the drunks kids, the drinks wife, the two killed Kids, all the brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, the first responders that will carry that vision with them forever, etc...

Some many lives ruined by alcohol.....so many.

It's just all very sad.

Edited by Great White

The Idiot that gave me my leg was higher than a kite. He couldn't walk without stumbling. The one that retired me and gave me the foot to match the leg was drunk. He said his back hurt too bad for him to get up and walk. Stayed sitting in car til his buddies helped him out. The same Clay ( home Town) Deputy investigated each accident. And after Bpne Wagon hauled me off he turned them loose to go home!!Without nothing!! Yeah I know how ya feel Bro. Was maybe trying to keep it a little lighter but it is what it is. Scum should be under jail with a Correctional Officer like me to tell him goodnight every night...... This is why although I have the Utmost Respect for out State Police and most Law Enforcement Officers I have none for Sheriff's Departments. They are elected Politicians. This is who gets just as much credit for this as the drunk.

Ah, just read puc's link.

"Unlicensed operation of a vehicle"

At least that makes a little more sense. No license I'm assuming due to previous DWI and was driving illegally. At least the court had pulled his license. BUt it also means he was probably driving illegally sober as well.

Still don't quite get the 6 counts though.....how do you even get to 6 counts? Unless the others were also driving illegally I guess.

:confused24:

Edited by Great White

Very sad to hear this type of news.

Glad your grandkids were not part of this.

Maybe some day these types of A**HOLES will actually be convicted of 1st degree murder and get the chair.

That's nothing less than premeditated murder in my book.

One DUI is to many, twice it's time for some serious jail time 3-5 years, No Probation or Time off for good behavior, third time, LIFE in Prison !!!

These unfortunate riders would have not been killed had the system taken care of this jerk long ago.

Here is a more extensive read on where things stand..

http://www.fltimes.com/news/article_64371cfe-6200-11e5-8617-e3ca8302a3d9.html

Very sad to hear this type of news.

Glad your grandkids were not part of this.

Maybe some day these types of A**HOLES will actually be convicted of 1st degree murder and get the chair.

That's nothing less than premeditated murder in my book.

One DUI is to many, twice it's time for some serious jail time 3-5 years, No Probation or Time off for good behavior, third time, LIFE in Prison !!!

These unfortunate riders would have not been killed had the system taken care of this jerk long ago.

Also, here is a clip from the above read about the scum bag who committed the crimes.. In here it says that no bail is allowed in the case.. Also notice some of his background,, looks like this guy was more than just a drunk driver,, should have never been let out of prison in the first place ZZzzz.. What a shame...

""""""Town Judge Joseph Sapio declined to set bail, citing Wilson’s criminal history. Wilson is being held in the Seneca County Jail without bail.

According to the state Department of Corrections website, Wilson spent time in state prison for forgery and felony DWI convictions in Steuben County."""""

Cowpuc, your right judge Sapio who is the local town judge did not set bail, but when the case went in front of the county court, Judge Bender set the bail/bond. We here in Seneca County are not very happy with Bender.

Come voting time sounds like that baby needs to be thrown out with the wash brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come voting time sounds like that baby needs to be thrown out with the wash brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, That's what I'm thinking. I'm gonna do my best to remind people about this case when he comes up for re-election.

Unfortunately with the lax laws in WI we keep hearing about arrests for 10+ DWIs. they are all driving with no license. BUT it is unconstitutional to require them to have a drivers license to buy a car. Some buy a beater for cash and just never register it.

Here it is not even a felony till #5. 1st is just a traffic ticket, no worse than a speeding ticket.

Don't get me started............

I rewrote this 3 times trying to not get political...........

" We here in Seneca County are not very happy with Bender."

Steamer, Same feelings from Ontario County - what was the judge thinking???

Don't know what his problem is. He has made a lot of bad calls in the past. Did you know the couple that was killed?

I dont understand how these folks can buy, regester oh and would be nice to tag it. But how they get away with it and not someone flag "this guy dont have a DL". Go run your new to you jet ski across the lake and see how fast the po po find you.

Not that its going to fix anything but the family needs to sue the crap in cival court , yea I know he probably dont own anything. But he never would if I was involved.

Just heard on local news, the judge set bail at $25000.00 Are you kidding me! There's a chance this dirt bag can get back out on the street! He's still in jail, lets hope he can't post bail.

Notify the AMA. They have a campaign to toughen up the penalties for people who kill motorcyclists

This is not uncommon for people with multiple DUIs to still be out still be driving,still be drinking and driving drunk.

The problem is, how do you deal with a guy who just gets in a car and drives it when he isn't licenced or insured?

Sure, you can pull his licence, but there's nothing to say he can't buy a car if he's got the money to do it. I also don't think we want the gov't that far down in our shorts that they watch everything we buy. Even if they did watch every purchase, there's nothing to stop him from a private sale from someone.

If a guy is going to break the law, he's going to break the law. Problem with that is you can't sanction someone because you think he's going to break the law. He has to break it and you have to catch him.

Thats a slippery slope when you start penalizing someone for what you think he might do but hasnt done it. Who gets to make that call? It's only one very small step away from McCarthyism style justice at that point. I don't think anyone wants that. I know I don't.

Sad thing is, someone else often ends up paying the price for their breaking the laws. In this case, two someones....

Edited by Great White

Sure seems like the simple thing of requiring a valid drivers license just to purchase booze would help - no license no booze, then run stings like are currently being done for under age sales of booze - get caught, your license to sell is gone. Then maybe an accountabilty ruling that requires Judges who have released waco's like this from prison to be required to share the sentence with the perp if they release them and they do harm.. Say a split by 50% = if this guy gets 20 years for this = the goofy judge that let him out in the first place gets 10. In all honesty, this person should obviously never have been released in the first place.

I agree with Paul ( @Pegasus1300 ) - getting the AMA involved is not a bad idea,, their thoughts on the life of a motorcyclist being just as valuable a road worker or civil servant's is CTFW up the right road as far as I am concerned..

You can't stop every body from doing something like this. The problem is with the judges and lawyers who do not use the laws that are already in place. They let them go with a slap on the hands and pat themselves on the back for doing a good job even though it cost someone their life.