IGNORED

Tapa WHAT???

Semi-retired

I keep getting "invited" to use Tapatalk to post on vBulletin forums (fora?), like ours.

Does anybody use tapatalk?

If so, how come I don't see any posts about it?

If not, why not?

I did a "search every forum" for "tapatalk"....."use tapatalk"......."using tapatalk"........got NO RESULTS.

What gives?

Tapatalk is an app you use to view forums like this one on your Mobile device, such as a tablet or smartphone. If you were browsing the forums with a mobile device that's why you got a notice to use tapatalk. I personally like it. But it takes getting used to. I'm using tapatalk to post my response and view your post. Did that help or more questions needed?

Hey, Patricia, thanks for getting back.

I'd have to guess (by your signature, at least) that you seem to be a real "renaissance girl"...not to mention a genuine multi-talented persona. (i.e. anyone who works on computers, likes motorcycles and will get their hands dirty under the hood HAS to be a good person!)

Please tell me if the following are true or false:

1. Tapatalk somehow(?) allows "easier access" to vBulleting-powered forums

2. The free version of Tapatalk, however, does NOT accommodate posting....only reading

3. The benefit of using Tapatalk is that it precludes the need to fire up ones browser in order to access forums (or does it apply to entire websites?)

1. just makes the format more mobile friendly and no extra displayed bits (IE: extra data)

2. Dunno, I only have the "paid" version

3.Only works on forums that have the tapatalk option enabled (IE: the forum owner has to enable the option). Does nothing for regular websites.

Even though I have tapatalk on my phone, I seldom use it. I prefer the full website. What I absolutely despise is being asked all the time if I want to use tapatalk or given a flash ad page for it if I'm using a mobile devise....

On Great White's points he is correct. I also have the paid version I bought it a few yrs ago. However, last year tapatalk became a free to use app for devices last year. So no paying for it anymore. If you are on an android device you can download it from the play store. I highly suggest setting up a tapatalk account if you use both a tablet and a phone to browse the internet. A tapatalk account will save your forum settings across your mobile devices, and is a great idea if you upgrade phones regularly. The account will log you into your forum accounts and save your information to be used across all mobile devices.

Hey, Patricia, thanks for getting back.

I'd have to guess (by your signature, at least) that you seem to be a real "renaissance girl"...not to mention a genuine multi-talented persona. (i.e. anyone who works on computers, likes motorcycles and will get their hands dirty under the hood HAS to be a good person!)

Please tell me if the following are true or false:

1. Tapatalk somehow(?) allows "easier access" to vBulleting-powered forums

2. The free version of Tapatalk, however, does NOT accommodate posting....only reading

3. The benefit of using Tapatalk is that it precludes the need to fire up ones browser in order to access forums (or does it apply to entire websites?)

Thank you for the compliments. I do design and build customized computers as a hobby, as I retired on disability at age 26 (disability sucks btw lol). I have no problem tearing into the guts of a car or bike as long as I'm physically able to manage the task at hand. Getting dirty isn't a worry so long as there's lava soap or that orange scrub stuff around. But tell that to some prissy girl lol. Mostly I'm the task manager at home who orders the misc bike and car parts for whatever project needs fixing, designing the latest computer my husband "needs" as well as housekeeper and sometimes cook. And I try to manage that between all the doc appts. My life isn't horribly busy, but it feels like it some days. And I'm jealous, you got to visit the UK and Ireland, both are on my bucket list before I get to where I can't enjoy those trips.

I run a forum for our STAR Touring Chapter. I turned on tapatalk at the request of some members. We've found that tapatalk does not support all the functionality of the system we use. Users were unaware of some information because tapatalk simply ignored it.

Not sure how other forums are, but I'd bet mine isn't the only one that has that problem.

I agree with great white, I hate being asked EVERY time I log on to try tapatalk, so I paid for it and don't care for it, and it still ask me to use it every time I log on.. is there an app to turn that crap off?? lol

maybe that's why I don't see the new classified adds any more ??