IGNORED

RSTD, Driveing lights ?

GeorgeS

Yes. I added the Yamaha set to my 07 RSTD. Easy to install. The sets for the Venture and RSTD are different. The mounting bar looks similar but they won't interchange. The RSTD set comes with the lamp housings and the Venture requires separate purchase of the lamps. Another minor difference is the RSTD has a small toggle switch on one of the lamp housings and the same switch for the Venture set is separate in order to mount it in the fairing. Just sharing all of this in case you run into a good price on a venture setup.

Where is the site to look at these things?? Any chance of buying parts for them? I'm thinking these are what I have on my 99 and need a set of visors and one ring.

Dan I have a set of rings and I think I have a set of visors too. I will check this morning to see and I will let you know.

Where is the site to look at these things?? Any chance of buying parts for them? I'm thinking these are what I have on my 99 and need a set of visors and one ring.

Dan I do have a set of rings and visors. Send me your address and I will put them in the mail to you. If you want to call me my # 304-261-8663.

Chuck my small visors are good headlight visor took a pretty good lick. Headlight mounting hardware is bent a little. I got ring back on the driving light this morning finally got to get a new bulb to see if it is going to work. Hang on til I get wires spliced and see where I am. Yesterday was a good day on it. I'm getting the strength back in my arm and shoulder and was able to bend that metal a little more. I may have a few Beauty marks on it but getting it back togather. Do you have the Headlight Visor? I pulled a stupid trick with hammer and cut wire to turn signal. Will have to see if I can splice and tuck it in stem between lights. I think I have to split faring to put headlight visor back in.

I made some progress on them today. Going out tomorrow to get bulb (the one in light was broken) so I can see if ring is going to clamp down like it should. I'm just trying to get road worthy now pretty can come later but it doesn't look bad. Headlight visor not wanting to play but small visors look good. Where I cut the wire is going to be hard to splice. Can't splice til I get bulb in there. Got the rest of it back in shape pretty good. I know Don is having nightmares but you can hardly see damage now. And I think I'm healing. I can get around pretty good if I don't strain too much.

Had to split faring to put headlight visor back. It hit hard enough to just pop it out of there. Wish I hadn't looked under faring. Broken tabs almost all on left side. Left side horn don't work. Don't believe it has since I got bike from way the one sounds by itself. Wires? It has wires. What are they for? No idea. Just want to find one that makes horn work. Must be Mexican horn. My headlight rings are OK Chuck. Visor has beauty mark but that's not a concern now. Guess a ride this weekend ain't gonna happen.

Hey you trouble maker. BOTH horns worked when you got it. :) Power comes from a wire tired directly to the battery. It goes from the battery to one side of a normally open contact on the relay. The other side of the contact feeds the positive of both horns. Both horns have a ground wired that connects to a ground screw....I THINK near the radio cage. Can't remember for sure where the grounds are connected. Original wire from horn button triggers the relay.