IGNORED

1 year anniversary ride

VanRiver

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of me searching the internet on Kijiji (our local buy and sell site) and finding an ad that read "Yamaha Venture parts bike for sale $500". After contacting the seller I scheduled a time to go out and take a look the bike in person. It was a black 1986 Venture Royale all taken apart and in boxes. The Owner was a great guy, and after talking for a bit he showed me his other Venture's that he had in his stable and I mentioned that I was wanting to do a Father Son project to get my Dad back on the road.......he then said, have I got a deal for you, for $1000 bucks you can have the Black 86 parts bike and a complete running brown 86 as well and I'll even deliver them to your house for ya! I said "sold!"

Well one year later.....lots of wrench turning in the Garage....many parts purchased on E-Bay.....so much great advice from everyone here at VentureRider.org......and now many more Km's on the Bikes....I wanted to commemorate the one year anniversary of me doing a simple search and finding a "Venture Parts Bike" that has lead to a love affair with Venture's and so many smiles on the face of my Father and Me enjoying the ride.

Thanks again to the previous owner for selling me the bikes at the price he did! Thanks to my Dad for having the courage to start riding again at age 74 and trusting my "mechanical abilities" during the bike restoration process! And to everyone here that has helped along the way.

Here are a couple of pics from our anniversary ride yesterday to Kananaskis park in beautiful Alberta Canada. My bike is the "Black parts bike" now affectionally known as "Walt" in memory of a local Calgary Yamaha motorcycle legend Mr. Walt Healy. And my Dad is modelling his bike "Brown Beauty". Hard to believe that both bikes will be 30 years old next year. Time to plan an anniversary ride for that occasion too!!!:happy65:

IMG_4634.jpgIMG_4643.jpg