IGNORED

A Yamaha Rider again - the Devil made me do it!

SilvrT

As per a couple other threads I'd indicated we might be buying this '89 Wing. Turned out to be less of a bike that was made out to be so we passed on it.

Stopped at a couple dealers on the way home and picked up a 2005 Road Star Midnight. Ya... we're now owners of a Roady! Pretty much all stock except has Mustang seat. We spent a bit more :mo money: than I was prepared to spend but, the "Devil" made me do it.

(Nina aka the Devil )

pics to follow once I get home.

Any other Roady or ex-Roady owners out there have a link to a shop manual, I'd be forever in your debt .... :2cents:

As per a couple other threads I'd indicated we might be buying this '89 Wing. Turned out to be less of a bike that was made out to be so we passed on it.

Stopped at a couple dealers on the way home and picked up a 2005 Road Star Midnight. Ya... we're now owners of a Roady! Pretty much all stock except has Mustang seat. We spent a bit more :mo money: than I was prepared to spend but, the "Devil" made me do it.

(Nina aka the Devil )

pics to follow once I get home.

Any other Roady or ex-Roady owners out there have a link to a shop manual, I'd be forever in your debt .... :2cents:

Ok, disregard my last post about finding another Wing. Congrats on the new purchase. Doug

Ok, disregard my last post about finding another Wing. Congrats on the new purchase. Doug

Thanks.. we made it to Penticton and took in some of the Iron Man. Left around noon and as we branched off 97 towards Keremeous, I remembered I was gonna call you ... dang!! Next time my friend.

Thanks.. we made it to Penticton and took in some of the Iron Man. Left around noon and as we branched off 97 towards Keremeous, I remembered I was gonna call you ... dang!! Next time my friend.

You're in trouble. You went right by my house! I'd be hurrying back home too worrying about whether a tree was lying across my house or not. Hope yours was spared. Next time for sure. Doug

I buy too many manuals, but one I bought on ebay was a disc of all the Yamaha V4 bikes for about $15. It covers all the Ventures, Road Stars, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=yamaha+royal+star+manual&rmvSB=true&_sop=12&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xyamaha+road+star+manual.TRS0&_nkw=yamaha+road+star+manual&_sacat=0

Edited by BlueSky

You're in trouble. You went right by my house! I'd be hurrying back home too worrying about whether a tree was lying across my house or not. Hope yours was spared. Next time for sure. Doug

ya, it was pretty bad down here but we didn't have any trees or anything blown down near our place. About the only thing the wind did was blow my garbage can over. Power had been out though but was back on when we got home ... still no internet or TV though.

Enroute thru Surrey from the freeway though we saw a lot of leaves and branches all over the place and several downed trees. Traffic lights weren't working so that was causing a bit of delay.

OUTSTANDING SILV!!!:clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now about those pics..:whistling::icon_lurker:

Now that we have waited for so long,, those :photographing:'s should also be able to come with a :bikersmilie: report too one would think... :big-grin-emoticon:

Hope your Roadie serves you folks well and give you many miles of smiles as it does my friend!!:thumbsup:

OUTSTANDING SILV!!!:clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now about those pics..:whistling::icon_lurker:

Now that we have waited for so long,, those :photographing:'s should also be able to come with a :bikersmilie: report too one would think... :big-grin-emoticon:

Hope your Roadie serves you folks well and give you many miles of smiles as it does my friend!!:thumbsup:

Oh jeeez, I almost forgot .... thanks puc for the "subtle reminder" LOL

20150830_182057 (Large).jpg 20150830_182042 (Large).jpg 20150830_063439 (Large).jpg

As for the :bikersmilie: report, that will have to wait coz I trailered it most of the way home. Did ride it some though ... gobs of torque, handles very good, took it up to 130 km/h but had to back off coz my helmet was almost getting blown off my head and my eyes were watering up LOL ... wasn't quite prepared for all that wind in my face!

Edited by SilvrT

Very nice, Rick. I'm not sure why anyone with a gorgeous bike like your Victory would want to spend time on a different bike, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy, my friend.

Dale.

@Dale124

As mentioned (somewhere), we're selling the Vic to purchase a 5th wheel camper/trailer. Got to have something to ride ;-)