IGNORED

Hampton, VA Auto Mechanic Recommendation Needed.

rneal55555

I might be dreaming but I know its notimpossible, my daughter lives in Hampton Va. She has a 2010 PontiacVibe with a 2.4 automatic which is a re-badged Toyota Matrix, wellaccording the the AAA approved shop that towed it in the supposedlybullet proof Toyota engine which has had normal maintenance is blownat 75,000 miles.

They are got two estimates of $4200 &&5500 for a used replacement engine installed which I think iskinda high.

Used engines with comparable miles canbe $1000 to $1500 on car-part.com and All Data lists 16-19 hrs to R&Rthe engine, which at $100 an hour is still less than 2 grand add ittogether and I get $3500. what am I missing.

So if anybody knows a Good, Honest andAffordable Mechanic/Shop in the area I'd appreciate it.

I may just go and get it with a towdolly and put one in myself.

Ok I don't know if she bought the car new or used or when it 1st went in service.........but.....75,000 miles & if it is under 5 years on the road and if it is used the warranty is transferable......any GM dealer is supposed to back the Pontiac warranties. Might be worth a shot......cause 75,000 on that motor, if it was looked after?! Something isn't right.

[h=3]Pontiac Warranty Coverage and Information | Pontiac[/h]Pontiac has the best warranty coverage in America with the GM ... *The 2010 and 2011 model year 100,000-Mile/5-Year Transferable Powertrain Warranty.

If it's close I'd raise the roof with GM customer service.....never know might be worth a shot.

You may want to call Casey Chevrolet or colonial Chevrolet they are two of the largest Chevrolet dealers in the area not sure if they have shops in Hampton but they should be able to help with information on powertrain warranties and give you a quote on repair prices if not a warranty covered issue. I am roughly 2 hours south of Hampton and can ride up there in a couple of days if you need give me.a call if you want 91967335095

Jeff